Help for the french

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

SgtChaudart

Help for the french

Post by SgtChaudart »

Hi all,

I'm a french player since COTA and I'm waiting with impatiently BFTB. Recently I had read the thread who explain the new features.
And it's great!!
But, there is some features that I didn't understand very well because I don't read the english very well too :)
So, is it possible to create a french thread like in the COTA's forum for ask questions?
I see there are some players who are french or french canadian and some must understand more that me the new features.
Like it's indicated in the COTA's french thread, the french players are afraid by the english language ;). And it's the reason for wich the french players don't play with this game and and this thread will could help some people who still hesitate to buy this game.I think I could help some times to explain a few rules. Furthermore, I have a COTA's french manual that I could give to the people who will ask me. There have only 70 pages, but it explain the main principals that we must learning for play correctly.
It also will allow gather the community french who is interresting by this game.

And thank you again for this amazing game!!
Llyranor

RE: Help for the french

Post by Llyranor »

I can help out with translating anything you might have trouble understanding.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Chaudart,

Sure thing. I have pinned this thread to the top of the forum. I'm afraid my school French has been long neglected to the point where I would struggle to comprehend and communicate in French. However, there are others with a good command of both French and English and I'm sure they will help.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

Thanks a lot Arjuna,

I hope that this thread will allow the french players bypass the language barriers. The advantage of this game, is that it is easy to understand, but it has a lot of subtleties that make a great game. And it's these subtleties which prevents really enjoy this game for the people who don't understand the english very well. I will hasten to make know this thread to the french player who are interrested by this game.

And now, I will start with the new features that I don't understand very well.
This concerns the new SOP(in french ;) ) :

-Reprendre Position(Retake Position) : Lorsque la case est cochée, la force qui défend va s'éfforcer de reprendre l'objectif qu'elle vient de perdre, autrement elle defendra "in-situ" après avoir battu en retraite.
-Contournement(Bypass) : Lorsque la case est cochée, une force qui va rencontrer une position ennemie, va choisir une autre route pour la contourner. Autrement elle va continuer a suivre la route initialement choisi.
-Attaque(Attack) : Lorsque la case est cochée, une force peut initier des attaques. Autrement, elle ne le fait pas.
-Ambuscade(Ambush) : Lorsque la case est cochée, la force va se retenir de faire feu jusqu'a ce que l'ennemie soit proche.

I think I understand these SOP(correct me if this is not the case). But for "Stragglers" and "Basing", I would like a translation because I'm not sure that I understand.
An other question.I'm not sure with how use this. Can I checked two SOP together? Exemple : If I checked "Attack" and "Bypass", and if my force encounters an ennemy position, it will bypass or will attack ?
I hope you'll understand what I want say.

Thanks.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Yes you can check multiple SOPs. If you check both attack and bypass then it invokes both assessments. If it deems it can mount an effective attack then it will do so. Otherwise, if it considers the enemy too tough, then it may try to move around them.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Yes you can check multiple SOPs. If you check both attack and bypass then it invokes both assessments. If it deems it can mount an effective attack then it will do so. Otherwise, if it considers the enemy too tough, then it may try to move around them.

That's great!!

Translation in french :
"Oui, vous pouvez cocher plusieurs SOP(Procédure d'Exploitation Standart). Si vous cochez Attaque(Attack) et Contournement(Bypass), il va évaluer deux cas de figure. Si il juge capable d'effectuer une attaque efficace, il le fera. Autrement, si il considère que la force en présence est trop forte, il la contournera."

Other thing, if I understand, we could demounted/mounted Inf/Mot when we'll need it?
Autre chose, si j'ai bien compris, nous pourrions demonter/monter l'Inf/mot quand nous en aurons besoin?
wodin

Post by wodin »

You can't dismount infantry.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Motorised/Mechanised Infantry automatically dismount when in contact with the enemy or when they perceive the threat level is high. However, while they move at foot rates when dismounted they are still classed as motorised and hence can only enter terrain passable to motorised. You cannot dismount them and have the vehicles move separately from the foot soldiers. This is high on our wish list of things to do.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Llyranor

Post by Llyranor »

ORIGINAL: Chaudart
But for "Stragglers" and "Basing", I would like a translation because I'm not sure that I understand.
Rough translation, not word for word (apologies for lack of accents, English keyboard):

Stragglers ('trainards') = Si coche, le groupe ne va pas arreter et se reposer avec les subordonnes trop fatigue pour continuer. Il va continuer et laisser ceux qui trainent derriere (eg. il autorise les trainards). Si non-coche, le groupe s'arretera pour permetter aux subordonnes trop fatigues de se reposer (ensemble).

Basing = Si coche, le groupe (IA) determinera soi-meme ou placer ses bases. Sinon, le joueur devra s'en occuper lui/elle meme. Par example, il est utile de ne pas le cocher si on veut que le groupe complet bouge (eg. une retraite), a la place de laisser le IA positioner ses bases ailleurs.
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

ORIGINAL: Llyranor

Basing = Si coche, le groupe (IA) determinera soi-meme ou placer ses bases. Sinon, le joueur devra s'en occuper lui/elle meme. Par example, il est utile de ne pas le cocher si on veut que le groupe complet bouge (eg. une retraite), a la place de laisser le IA positioner ses bases ailleurs.

Merci pour la traduction Llyranor :)

Pour "Stragglers", c'était bien ce que je pensait. C'est un genre de marche forcée?
Par contre pour "Basing", ça parle bien des depots pour le ravitaillement?
Llyranor

Post by Llyranor »

Stragglers n'est pas vraiment marche forcee. C'est soi 1) le groupe au complet arrete pour laisser les unites fatigues se reposer (si non-coche), soi 2) le group continue, mais les unites fatigues arretent pour se reposer (si coche, mais cela veut aussi dire que le groupe s'eparpille). Pour marche forcee, je pense qu'on peut assigner le niveau de 'rest'/repos autorise quand on donne une commande (rest = none/min/norm/max); si none, ils vont etre force de continuer meme si trop fatigue. On peut voir cette option dans le video 'Game Concepts'.

Re: basing, oui. C'est comme dans COTA. Normalement, les HQ's devraient avoir des subordonnes 'base', qui sont les depots.
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

Merci pour ces précisions Llyranor.

Je tiens à rappeller au joueurs francophones, que je dispose d'un manuel en français de COTA très bien écrit.
Il permettra de jouer a BFTB. Il faudra juste rajouter les nouvelles fonctionnalités.
Voici ce que disent les auteurs au debut de ce manuel :[font="times new roman"][left] [/left][left]"Ce manuel n’est pas une simple traduction du manuel anglais.[/left][left]Il a été entièrement réécrit, selon un autre plan, et comporte des précisions, analyses et[/left][left]informations qui ne sont parfois pas explicitées dans le manuel original. En sens inverse,[/left][left]il n’inclut pas les commentaires des deux tutoriaux – qui font dès lors quelque peu[/left][left]double emploi, ni les notes techniques de dépannage pour le jeu en réseau, ni encore[/left][left]certaines annexes d’intérêt secondaire, toujours disponibles dans la documentation[/left]initiale. En revanche, un index complet est fourni en fin de manuel."

[font="Arial"]Donc si celui-ci vous interresse, contacter moi par MP[/font].
Grestok

Post by Grestok »

Salut !

Je suis français et je joue moi aussi à la série ! J'ai aussi le manuel dont tu parles ! Très très bien au passage !

Je me languis la sortie de BFTB !
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

Salut Grestok,

Ca fait du bien de voir que je ne suis pas le seul français interressé par ce jeu sur le forum[:)]

Tzar007

Post by Tzar007 »

Bonjour Chaudart,

Joueur francophone ici, de Montréal, Québec !

Il y a plusieurs fans qui parlent français ici, qu'ils soient Québécois, Français, Belges et j'en oublie !

J'attends moi aussi BFTB avec impatience !
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Chaudart,

If I understood your post above (#12) correctly, then you say that you have a COTA manual in French which is not a literal translation, but still gets the job done.

Also, you say to contact you via PM if one is interested in the document. Well, I would be curious to take a look, but as best I can tell, you have disabled the ability for people to send you PMs in your account profile. So, maybe you can just send me a PM with your direct email address. Thanks.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

ORIGINAL: MarkShot

Chaudart,

If I understood your post above (#12) correctly, then you say that you have a COTA manual in French which is not a literal translation, but still gets the job done.

Also, you say to contact you via PM if one is interested in the document. Well, I would be curious to take a look, but as best I can tell, you have disabled the ability for people to send you PMs in your account profile. So, maybe you can just send me a PM with your direct email address. Thanks.

I had not seen that my profil wasn't configurated to allow people to send me MPs. I thought it was settled by default, but it's settled now ;)
I'll send you a MP.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Email sent.  Thanks.
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

ORIGINAL: MarkShot

Email sent.  Thanks.

E-mail sent
Bonnne lecture
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Received. Thanks.

Return to “Command Ops Series”