Help for the french

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

SgtChaudart

RE: Help for the french

Post by SgtChaudart »

ORIGINAL: JeF

D'abord, on écrit : "flamins"
Ensuite, soyez discrets, il en traine l'un ou l'autre sur le forum, ils lisent le français parfaitement et ils ont mon adresse.
C'est un peu tendu ces jours-ci dans le pays. [;)]

JeF.

On le prononce "flaminque" par chez moi :)
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Est-ce que quelq'un va traduire les principes basiques de BFTB en Francais? Je pense que seulment 4 pages etre soufit.

And now you know why I won't be the one working on this! :)
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
Nico165b165

Post by Nico165b165 »

Tiens ça sent le Belge par ici ! Bien le bonjour de Mons dans le Hainaut, de la part d'un fan de la série depuis HttR en 2004 et dont la bataille des Ardennes est un de ses sujets préférés... Parait qu'on retrouve les 2 ensemble par ici ? [:D]
ORIGINAL:  MarkShot

Est-ce que quelq'un va traduire les principes basiques de BFTB en Francais?  Je pense que seulment 4 pages etre soufit.

And now you know why I won't be the one working on this!  :)

You mean new stuff, based on features marked as "new" here ? I can help with that, starting tomorrow.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a MS Word DOC with a sketch of the new features.

I think mainly to hit on the new UI stuff. Assuming you are familiar with COTA, then spend a little time with BFTB and the changes. Then, lay out the key stuff that is not part of COTA. Along with the other PDF, the two should be a quick aid for French speakers to get up to speed on the game.

Thanks.
moet

Post by moet »

Hi everyone.

Happy to see that Frenchies can share some help about the game. I'm also interested to get any french translation of the manual (I sent you a PM MarkShot).

I could also contribute to the translation, when I get more time...[:(]
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Moet,

It seems you already have the PDF French synopsis for COTA. Well, if we can add to that with some new feature overview of BFTB, I would like for it to become hosted by Matrix in the Members Area. Of course, one issue we would need to address is who has IP on the COTA French PDF and would it be possible for Matrix to host it?

Another idea I thought taking the BFTB videos (I believe Dave had scripts for them) ... redoing the sound track with French voice overs. It seems people weren't that excited about reading English manuals. So, what about French videos?

Well, I am just throwing out some ideas. I can follow French, but I can only speak enough to get myself into trouble. Others will really need to carry the ball on this project.
SgtChaudart

Post by SgtChaudart »

For videos,  I thinks it's a good idea!!
If there were subtitles(even in english) it would be great because like some people(I think), I certainly missed a lots of stuffs. For the little I understood, I discovered a few tips that I did'nt know.

perzor

Post by perzor »

Salut à vous tous,

C'est vrai que d'avoir les vidéos du tutorial en sous-titré Fr ca serait le must...en tous les cas merci aux membres qui s'investissent pour aider les handicapés (dont je fais partie) de la langue de Shakespeare.....[&o]
Nico165b165

Post by Nico165b165 »

Bienvenue Perzor, en attendant plus de doc si tu as des questions n'hésite pas [:)]
zanekin

Post by zanekin »

Après le test, j'ai démarré un AAR à partir des Top Tips de Markshot sur le scénario Losheim Gap: http://www.cyberstratege.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3016
It's just bullshit !
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Arnaud,

Very nice!

When you feel that you have wrapped up the AAR, let me know and I will turn it into a PDF that can also be hosted at Matrix for the French community.

As you appear to be a regular author (or staff member) for Cyberstratege could you verify if I create a PDF with content from the site/forums that this will not violate any implied usage rights?

Thank you.

Return to “Command Ops Series”