Sceniaro Editor Problems:

Post here to discuss scenario, campaign, data and art editing as well as any mods to Panzer Command.

Moderator: koiosworks

gijas17

Sceniaro Editor Problems:

Post by gijas17 »

OK. I designed a new scenario and saved it. Then I go load it and it loads fine with everything in place. Then I start my action phase after giving orders to my units and it crashes on me back to the main game's menu? What could be the problemo?
"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Laryngoscope

RE: Sceniaro Editor Problems:

Post by Laryngoscope »

gijas,

Need more information. What version of PCOWS are you using? What version of the editor are you using?

Make sure you are patched to the latest version and PCOWS and use the editor supplied in the patch (v0.06c).

On the whole the editor is pretty good about reporting things which you can do, but would make PCOWS crash. After saving the scenario a little alert box pops up to let you know if you have tried to do something which would make PCOWS CTD.

It sounds as though you are trying to use a generic unit in your scenario. These are units which only have place holder geometry. They are easy to spot becuase they look like a PZ IIIJ in the specs window. The editor will give you a warning about these.

If you are using generics, at this stage they will CTD PCOWS when you start your first turn.

I am sure Koios will fix it in the future. For the moment only use units will full geometry.

Cheers
"It is not a Commonwealth division, it is an Australian Division. Why, give me two Australian Divisions and I will conquer the world for you!"

-- Erwin Rommel
gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

I have the 1.12 patch installed and I'm using the editor version that came with the patch (0.06c)?

So you think I have generic units on the map? So look for the PZ IIIJ when I cick on a unit to place and I click the Spec button to view the unit?

After I save a scenario a window appears stating something like you have no German core units and Russian and  the last one says PCOWS may crash is this because of the generic units I have placed?
"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Laryngoscope

Post by Laryngoscope »

It should say something like

Warning: Generic Vehicle Count = X, this scenario may not load into Panzer Command

That means you have vehicles with generic geometry (stand in models) and as of 1.12 PCOWS loads but won't run with generic geometry.

You will need to find those units and remove them. They look like Pz IIIJs as that is the generic model that PCOWS uses
"It is not a Commonwealth division, it is an Australian Division. Why, give me two Australian Divisions and I will conquer the world for you!"

-- Erwin Rommel
gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

OK. I will try that and see if I have any more problems. Thanks for your help.

- Adolf Hitler

gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

Thanks, it works fine now!

- Adolf Hitler

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”