Modding Guide: Adding New Vehicles

Post here to discuss scenario, campaign, data and art editing as well as any mods to Panzer Command.

Moderator: koiosworks

Erik Rutins

Modding Guide: Adding New Vehicles

Post by Erik Rutins »

Please download the attached to learn how to add new vehicles to Panzer Command.
Attachments
PzCAdding..srev1.1.zip
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 232 times
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
junk2drive

RE: Modding Guide: Adding New Vehicles

Post by junk2drive »

Trying this out in PCOWS 1.0

The text states:
Copy and paste "
[font="courier new"]Pz kpfw IIIJ.xml[/font]"[font="courier new"] [/font]into the same folder

If I do this the "My Vehicle" does not show in the purchase list. Moving the xml to the ArmouredUnits folder allows it to be in the purchase menu.

Once purchased and the game started I get CTD before the loading screen.
The only thing I did not do was upper case the file names for the .x files.
I'll try again.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Ok I upper cased and it still CTD when "Loading Units"

Edit: Upper cased both the .x files and the My Vehicle xml models, still CTD.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Laryngoscope

Post by Laryngoscope »

Paul have you designed and textured a new vehicle?

If so great! [&o]

I hope you got polytrans though [:(]
"It is not a Commonwealth division, it is an Australian Division. Why, give me two Australian Divisions and I will conquer the world for you!"

-- Erwin Rommel
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Oh no, that is way over my head. I am just trying to mod the stats and use a generic AFV using the AddingVehicles.doc

Maybe I am wrong that you can mod the stats of an exsisting unit.
Laryngoscope

Post by Laryngoscope »

No, actually it is real easy,

Just take any vehicle that you like the look of (ie the one you want to be generic) Copy it into its own folder and then copy its base xml to the new unit name. Then just change all the model links in the xml to point to the new model dir. You could easily grap a jpg of the unit you want to model and make it the new compendium link. Then just mod the rest of the xml stats which should be pretty self-explanatory.
"It is not a Commonwealth division, it is an Australian Division. Why, give me two Australian Divisions and I will conquer the world for you!"

-- Erwin Rommel
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Then I must be overlooking a simple step in the process.

Or my xml notepad 2007 is saving the files in some way that is causing the problem.
Laryngoscope

Post by Laryngoscope »

Yeah I would use just plain notepad notepad to start with. Why don't you post what you have as a zip and I will take a look at it.

-- Erwin Rommel
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Notepad doesn't give me the option to save as... an xml file.

I deleted what I had after numerous attempts with caps, no caps, spaces, underscores [:@]
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Mobius sent me a set of files that work fine. I'm starting to suspect MS xml notepad 2007. Have you tried modding any files with it yet?

Edit, not the fault of MS xml editor. I tried it again and had success. I must be overlooking something when I make a unit.

I'll try something and if it fails I'll post it here.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”