How does this game compare to Combat Mission?

A brand new campaign-based 3D tactical engine covering combat in World War II, from the developers at Koios Works. The first operation covered is the famous "Wintergewitter" or Winter Storm, a desperate attempt by Hoth's 57th Panzer Korps to break through to the encircled 6th Armee at Stalingrad and the Soviet counter-attack by 2nd Guards Army that drove them back.

Moderator: koiosworks

decaro

How does this game compare to Combat Mission?

Post by decaro »

I own CDV's Combat Mission anthology, which seemed to run out of steam by the time they got to the Russian campaign. Or maybe I'm too spoiled for WEGO by CoH's graphics and play.

So how does this game compare w/CDV's 60 sec segments? Aren't they essentially the same format?

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Mobius

RE: How does this game compare to Combat Mission?

Post by Mobius »

Joe, the turns are different.  They are composed of two 40 second impulses.  The first impulse contains the simple orders.   The second impulse lets the units react to changes in the situation if any.  

The orders are simple orders that might be conveyed to a platoon in a few words by their commander, not complex sequences typed into a computer.

The covered zone is determined by the facing of the vehicle, not by surveyor gnomes laying out range stakes.

The game is hugely and easily moddable.  With the use of note pad and the scenario editor I've made battles from France 1940 to the Fulga Gap between T-62 vs. M60s.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

What do WEGO and CoH stand for?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

WEGO = Both players enter orders, then both players watch the outcome ("We Go together") vs. IGOUGO where each player enters orders, then sees the results, then the other player enters orders and sees results ("I Go then yoU Go")

COH, I assume, meant Company of Heroes the RTS from THQ.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
COH, I assume, meant Company of Heroes the RTS from THQ.

Correct assumption! CoH is Real Time Strategy (RTS) vs. WEGO. I think the old Panzer General was IgoUgo; it's been a long time since I played PG.

Sorry for all the "text messaging."
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

Return to “Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm”