Small game anyone?

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.
mangus2000

Small game anyone?

Post by mangus2000 »

Hello everyone, new to PC:K and want to start my first PBEM (does look daunting though[:(][:D].

Anyone interested?
falco148

RE: Small game anyone?

Post by falco148 »

Yeah mate.  I've got a couple of PBEM battles going at the moment and need another 1 or 2.

I can guide you through the process if u want.   It is daunting initially but quite straight-
foward once you get going.

PBEMers in PCK are pretty thin on the ground at present so another convert will be great!....lol.

- falco.
mangus2000

Post by mangus2000 »

Yeah i read the thread on starting a PBEM and it seems a bit wierd (coming from a CM world) but after the first two or so games i'm sure it wil be second nature.

Which Scen do you yhink is best to start off with?

There does seem to be a dearth of PBEM players, any idea why?

PS: Email address is dandanmangus@hotmail.com
himmelstoss

Post by himmelstoss »

ORIGINAL: mangus2000

Yeah i read the thread on starting a PBEM and it seems a bit wierd (coming from a CM world) but after the first two or so games i'm sure it wil be second nature.

well....i have tried it a "million" times with falco and i think i just dont have the patients with this kind of pbem style pck is offering as it is way too cumbersome. so i must say i am done with it in that respect, but still love the game in single player.

too bad really as i most of all like to play against humans.

good luck,

himmel
tell it like you think it is!

mangus2000

Post by mangus2000 »

Thats a shame Himmelstoss, have you heard others voice the same opinion?
himmelstoss

Post by himmelstoss »

Thats a shame Himmelstoss, have you heard others voice the same opinion?

nope, its just lonesome stupid me. [;)]

himmel
tell it like you think it is!

falco148

Post by falco148 »

OK man.....I'll see if I can get a startup file away to you today or tomorrow (Tues).

Other thing is I'm heading back to New Zealand for a three week vacation starting
from this friday (7/11). So my PBEM rate is going to suffer a bit during that time.
However I will be able to get some turns out all going well.

- falco.
EagleMountainDK

Post by EagleMountainDK »

Hmmmm, it seems that people can't get their heads around the PBEM sequence (I have only played PBEM with WinterStorm) so mayby I should try to write a better guide for it? Or do you guys think its a waste of time? I.e. the PBEM sequence is to difficult and therefore wont play using it?
mangus2000

Post by mangus2000 »

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK

Hmmmm, it seems that people can't get their heads around the PBEM sequence (I have only played PBEM with WinterStorm) so mayby I should try to write a better guide for it? Or do you guys think its a waste of time? I.e. the PBEM sequence is to difficult and therefore wont play using it?
Not to sure myself as have not tried it yet but hav'nt seen to many complaints about it here.
But then i don't see too many people looking for PBEM's so something might be going wrong!
mangus2000

Post by mangus2000 »

ORIGINAL: falco

OK man.....I'll see if I can get a startup file away to you today or tomorrow (Tues).

Other thing is I'm heading back to New Zealand for a three week vacation starting
from this friday (7/11). So my PBEM rate is going to suffer a bit during that time.
However I will be able to get some turns out all going well.

- falco.
Thats no problem for me, my file returns are a bit slow these days myself. Thats the beauty of PBEM, you can take your time (Shame BFC did'nt remember that with CMSF[;)])
falco148

Post by falco148 »

Mangus.....sorry bout delay.   I will get a setup turn away to you before I leave on Friday.

- falco.
von Staudt

Post by von Staudt »

I think a part of the problem is the interface.  It is not really clear which file you should be opening because the wrong one is at the top of the list and is highlighted and the tendency is to just "merge" it.  Then you get the error messages, and confusion.  [:@]

Be sure you choose the right file, then you are good to go.  Look at the file names and you can tell the sequence you have to open them in.
falco148

Post by falco148 »

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK

That would be an excellent idea Cougar. I've been toying with the idea myself but as
usual with me its another thing entirely finding the time to actually do it.

Something along the lines of a series of diagrams would be the best idea I think.?@
Trying to explain it with just words would be a waste of time I think. They tried
to do that in the manual and it just isnt enough. As Von Staut pointed out, one
of the main problems is the file list in the interface when the files have to be
merged. Its not not clear (at least initially), exactly which files have to be
chosen.

- falco.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”