TACTICS FOR SUCCESS GENERALLY (Tactical Briefing Thread)

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
spellir74

TACTICS FOR SUCCESS GENERALLY (Tactical Briefing Thread)

Post by spellir74 »

TACTICS FOR SUCCESS GENERALLY

[I will amend this as needed.]

==========
How to achieve victory [German player] in PzC:K...

Lucky dice rolls.

AND...

-------
on attack

PGn/Inf locate enemy ATG and vehicles. They help clear (and spot art) --so tanks can get to flanks of vehicles (without ATG taking toll). Conversly tanks fight for PGn against Inf and IGn (and tanks).

suppressive grp and flanking grp. Move to better shot and decoying at same time (so as to make enemy shoot in two directions). (*_Inside pltn and between pltns. Ie tactic is staircase-- from squad to armee korp._ Grps take turns perfoming this.)

*Smoke segments battlefield: protects your blind spot flanks as you assault.

Area Fire suppresses and destroys (HE vs armour too close range; far range- in dirt to distract)

**Concentrated fire (pick target)

**cross fire on flanks (*_Inside pltn and between pltns. Ie tactic is staircase-- from squad to armee korp._

*Covered firing line (eg woodline, behind buildings); edge forward [def /engag /adv]; fire; then withdraw; avoid two yellow bands (check for actual enemy LOS on you if yellow-banned).

*decoys and feints (to draw fire and expose enemy heads). Rush; engag move.

APHE against ATG

-----
Inf

*Cl Aslt with smoke on target position ('cl aslt' setting is simply another 'def- cloak' setting. one should actually engage tnk once in range.)

Better in foxholes than houses unless enemy art attack.

mounted on tnk is vulnerable; in HalfTrk is better

*Mtr areafire vs Inf which is unseen-to-mtr is good!

=========
--AGAIN--

Concentrated crossfire; suppressive and flanking deployment [sqd to btn]; def/eng -move or adv (from woodline), Fire, then withdraw; Rush decoy (Exploits); HE distracts.

====
German more accurate at range (not penetrative though; but distractive)

German Oblique frontal angle

KVs lack iniative[sp] and are vulnerable to Inf (this models a lumbering beast bringing up rear)

======
Flag exploit: capture then abandon till your points go over. ...You screw with me I screw with you. (only works if you are ahead
move exploit: Sqd pops off vehicle, then pop to others across locale.
Rush in rear exploit (like a feint and fire draw)

---
F5 removes message box.

Targeting Shrt/ct - set leader to def; then to engage target; target your choice (all will target spot) (good for mtr areafire)

=========
=========
Comments? Amendments?

------
Spellir
test

invernomuto

RE: TACTICS FOR SUCCESS GENERALLY (Tactical Briefing Thread)

Post by invernomuto »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Could you describe in details how to use smoke effectively for supporting an attack with tanks (german side)?

Thank you. 
spellir74

RE: TACTICS FOR SUCCESS GENERALLY (Tactical Briefing Thread)

Post by spellir74 »

Ultimately the enemy [AI] tanks are going for flags --yours or reinforcing theirs.

You put your infantry between them and the flags, near the flags. (Or navigate infantry there in a hurry (under screen), if tanks are there already.)

Now...

Lay the smoke down _on_ tank's goal. If tank is there, lay it near tank covering Inf's approach.

If dug in infantry --protecting goal-- are throwing the smoke grenades, have them throw them 12meters in front of themselves in the direction of the approaching tnks.

(This blinds tank /protects Inf assault.)

Then set [back] to 'cl aslt'.

When the tanks get there --within 25meters-- engage fire! (red target band to tank) As always rear and sides are best.

Smoke has to be placed right and timed right, obviously (you must predict and hope). And the tanks need to want to stop there (hence placing infantry by known tank goals) ["yeah hence!"]. (Note, KVs lack initiative and get spooked to halt easy, IMO.)

I haven't really seen my side's AI handle this automatically; ie player has to set to 'engage' manually, to get them to, um engage.

IMExper, light tanks have been hardest to get. (Poss better sighting against inf?) Or maybe it is just the way it has been for me ('O fortuna').

This is _very effective_ and I thought overly effective (modeled wrong), but then I saw these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7SixS9 ... re=related

("Männer gegen Panzer")

It might still be a little too effective.

I'd rather have Inf against full tnk assault then MKIV earlies.

-------------
I'll challenge anybody to PBEM, with me as _defending_ large German Inf cpn [sm btn mixed] dugin, with sm tank pltn (2F2, 3F1, 4PIII), and two Pk38ATG and you as _attacking_ Russian lg tank cpn (15 T-34s, 4 T60s) with cpn Inf.

Both sides have middlin Art.

'42 summer map with dug outs.

---
I don't know how I'll do it. But I'd like to see how much better a human enemy is.

Going once, going twice...
test

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “The War Room”