grrrrrrr!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
himmelstoss

grrrrrrr!!!

Post by himmelstoss »

now i am getting kinda pissy[:@]. is there any way in future updates or patches to not have reinfs like paks or 88mm spawn directly in front of the enemy just to get blow into bits before even firing one shot? man i have done everything for hours to not let that happen but there is just now way to avoid that. i really hope this can be addressed. anyone else having problems with that?

thx,

himmel
tell it like you think it is!

Mobius

RE: grrrrrrr!!!

Post by Mobius »

The only mission I know where that happens in in Voin. There you have to take the area around the 88mm spawn position or it gets killed when it comes into play. Since you can't move the 88mm it is the only way to get them to support the attack on the flags.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
himmelstoss

Post by himmelstoss »

ORIGINAL: Mobius

The only mission I know where that happens in in Voin. There you have to take the area around the 88mm spawn position or it gets killed when it comes into play. Since you can't move the 88mm it is the only way to get them to support the attack on the flags.

yea, thats the one (if its the last map of mcnesk)! i could not figure it out and was not in the mood to play it all over again. i still managed a decisive victory in the campaign though. but i think i had the same thing happen with the second or third battle of Mcnesk and there it got a pak spawn right in front of a russian foxhole and it got blown away without firing a shot as well.

so i was just wondering if it would be at all possible in the future to be able to set them up your self at reinforcement stage?

anyhow...thx for responding. that was a fun campaign btw!

himmel

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: himmelstoss
so i was just wondering if it would be at all possible in the future to be able to set them up your self at reinforcement stage?
Hopefully in the future they will have towed weapons so they could be towed from the edges and setup where you want. This is the only way to get these up to where the fighting is going on. The KVs are pretty hard to take on without the help of the big towed guns.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Himmelstoss,

There's no other mission/campaign where that happens, precisely for that reason. A designer can choose where to bring reinforcements on and we always use the map edges in other scenarios. It's true that it can be a tough call design-wise with immobile guns though.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Stridor

Post by Stridor »

Also the RBG is engineered to not teleport units into the middle of the map.
himmelstoss

Post by himmelstoss »

Hopefully in the future they will have towed weapons so they could be towed from the edges and setup where you want. This is the only way to get these up to where the fighting is going on. The KVs are pretty hard to take on without the help of the big towed guns.

towing would be sweet! hope it will make it in.

anyhow thx and i am not pissy anymore.[;)]

himmel

Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Thats not entirely true. I've asked for the Nashorn to be done so that we have some mobile 88mm Flak guns available. Not exactly the same but better than trying to guess where to put reinforcements.

The Hummel and Wespe would be good answers for 105mm and 150mm guns as well.

The SdKfz 251/10 for the 37mm ATG's, the Marder for the 75mm ATG's...there are work arounds with just a couple vehicles being made complete.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “The War Room”