Winter scene maps and scenarios?

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: EagleMountainDK

gijas17

Winter scene maps and scenarios?

Post by gijas17 »

Just wondered if anyone has made any more winter maps for a campaign or scenario recently? I downloaded the winterstorm scene files but this is for the battle generator if Im not mistaken? Also, I played Piepsk scenario and Winter Map L5W Template v1.1 in the BG but again Im looking for anything new in the form of an campaign or scenario that last more than one map. If anyone knows some info regarding this please let me know. Thanks.

gijas
"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

rickier65

RE: Winter scene maps and scenarios?

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: gijas

Just wondered if anyone has made any more winter maps for a campaign or scenario recently? I downloaded the winterstorm scene files but this is for the battle generator if Im not mistaken? Also, I played Piepsk scenario and Winter Map L5W Template v1.1 in the BG but again Im looking for anything new in the form of an campaign or scenario that last more than one map. If anyone knows some info regarding this please let me know. Thanks.

gijas

I'm not aware of any more Winter Scenarios, other than the ones that came with PC:Oper Winter Storm (the first game in the series).

Rick

gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

I also forgot to mention that I played Scen Hedgehog of Piepsk recently. One modder mentioned creating an entire campaign for Operation Typhoon some time ago for winter maps?
"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I also forgot to mention that I played Scen Hedgehog of Piepsk recently. One modder mentioned creating an entire campaign for Operation Typhoon some time ago for winter maps?

I think you're referring to Rob, "Mraah" here. He had started working on one I think, but not sure of the status. I haven't seen him in this forum lately, though he had done quite a bit of modding and tinkering a while back.

It would be good to see him back. He had some good ideas for mods (and he made some made to order wall structures for me to use in one of my maps.)

You're comment reminded me that I had also started working on Hill 621 Battle (another Squad Leader conversion), but put it on back burner 'till after the patch is out.

Rick
gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

Hum, is there a new patch in the works? - Been away for awhile.

- Adolf Hitler

rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Hum, is there a new patch in the works? - Been away for awhile.

Yes, they are working on fixing some of the remaining minor bugs, and adding a very comprehensive Map Editor (Stridors Map Maker), as well as new equipment models, and new scenarios. (along with some new maps).

Rick

gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

Great to hear that there will be a patch in the future. Is "Stridors Map Maker" avaliable now for download seperate from the upcoming patch?

- Adolf Hitler

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

That is the Mcensk campaign. The new Mcensk maps have a touch of snow but are included as summer maps even though they would be more properly called Fall maps.

The new Golzow map too has some dirty snow but that is early early spring.

I think most people who are making maps with MM have PCOWS so are all stocked up on snow maps. Even though new ones would help those who don't have PCOWS.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

Golzow Map - where can i find this one?

- Adolf Hitler

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

Golzow Map - where can i find this one?
In the far future patch.[;)]
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”