[WIP] Sound Pack (RO) - Beta

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: EagleMountainDK

Mraah

[WIP] Sound Pack (RO) - Beta

Post by Mraah »

Yet another WIP .... this time I'm working on changing the sounds.

I need your help please ... I need you guys to tell me how they sound!! [:)].

First of all, the sounds come my favorite 1st-Person shooter online game called Red Orchestra - Ostfront. I remixed a few and reduced the db on the tank engine movement sound (I always thought this was way too loud, blocking out all the fun sounds)

Credits ---> This mod is not possible without the ROEd (red orchestra editor).

The Tiger tank cannon is powerfull ... pump up the volume and turn that bass all the way up!! [;)]

This isn't complete and I'll upload more as we go.

BETA 01 - File List Change notes - All NEW *wav. (zip size 3.58 megs)

1. GermanVehicleMGFiring - mg34
2. SovietVehicleMGFiring - dt
3. HeavyVehicleTrackMovement - remixed squeaky track and engine sound, reduced db.
4. tankMove - same as 3, normal db
5. TankArmorPenetration
6. tankdeflect
7. tankfire
8. tankhitkill
9. tankmiss
10. VehicleCannon20mmto39mmFiring - using auto cannon effect.
11. VehicleCannon20mmto39mmFiring_AltAutoCannon - single shot (not used, swap with #10 to get single shot)
12. VehicleCannon40mmto59mmFiring
13. VehicleCannon60mmto79mmFiring - using 76mm sound to balance the caliber range. I have 75mm_S, 75mm_L, and 75mm VL (panther) sounds, not included.
14. VehicleCannon80mmto99mmFiring - Tiger
15. VehicleCannon100mmPlusFiring - SU122 (included in scenario ... stand back, this has a kick!)

SCENARIO INCLUDED --- > Sound Test (RO) - date 1/1/45 - this pits a variaty of vehicles against each other. Scroll down to the bottom.

SUGGESTION when listening ... Pck uses the camera view for sound effects. To single out the sounds you need to only have the vehicle you want to listen to ONLY in your camera view. However, please pan around to get the full effect for my testing (see post #2, a side view of 3 tanks will take your breath away!). Also, please use the CoaxMG for both sides.

JSGE Compatible !! - Unzip to mods folder.

Your suggestions are always welcome! I need to know if you want me to amplify the Cannon sounds too.

Thanks for trying them out !!

Rob

Download link to Filefront ... http://files.filefront.com/Sounds+RO+Be ... einfo.html

Mraah

RE: [WIP] Sound Pack (RO) - Beta

Post by Mraah »

Sound Test Viewing ... To single out sounds it's best when the vehicles you want to hear are only in the view.

A side view like this will knock your socks off!!

Attachments
sideviewsound.jpg
sideviewsound.jpg (252.94 KiB) Viewed 376 times
benpark

Post by benpark »

I'm getting a "File not Found" error when I try to download. Could be the forum migration.

Between the Wargamer, Battlefront and here there's a lot of fix up going on at one time.
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

Benpark,

Yeah ... I'm getting that error too [:(].

I'm going to upload it to Filefront ... just a moment ... will repost #1 thread.
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

New download link for Beta 01 ...

Filefront ... http://files.filefront.com/Sounds+RO+Be ... einfo.html

Will also be in post #1 ... sorry folks.
benpark

Post by benpark »

These new sounds are a great improvement.

Will you do the ones such as the "suppressed"(Something like bullets whizzing by or hitting turf would be nice) and the other infantry sounds at some point?
"Fear is a darkroom where the devil develops his negatives" Gary Busey
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

ORIGINAL: benpark

These new sounds are a great improvement.

Cool!! I'm gald you like them! You'll have to admit, once the engine sound is quieter you can really hear the battle !! You gotta love the Tiger's gun sound (or any 80-99mm gun) ... If you zoom in to isolate just the Tiger and listen to it you can hear the echo and then it fade's out. Also, I'm going to include a seperate group of Wav's so you can swap out the 70-79mm gun range with different variates to suite your taste. The Panthers 75_VL sound is awesome too.
Will you do the ones such as the "suppressed"(Something like bullets whizzing by or hitting turf would be nice) and the other infantry sounds at some point?

Oh yeah ... I'm going to replace as many battle sounds as I can. The suppression sound ... I'll probably lower the db on it and mix in louder sounds like you said, bullet whizs and bullet's hitting the ground. Red Orchestra has a sound for everything so it's a matter of going thru all the individual sounds. Also, the background sounds will have louder distant explosions in them ... these sound cool. Almost like listening to a fireworks show from several miles away.

Rob
invernomuto

Post by invernomuto »

Great work, these new sounds are great!

eniced73

Post by eniced73 »

Hi all. I am new to this game but already dislike the sounds. Came across this post searching for a sound mod and would like to know if this one is still in the works or dead. Are there any other quality sound mods out there? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, does anyone have a link to a new tracer mod?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Eniced,

Have you already updated to v1.01? That included some tracer improvements too.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
eniced73

Post by eniced73 »

Mraah's link just takes me to 'Filefront's home page'. Anyone have this file? Or a link to the file?
Eagle Strike

Post by Eagle Strike »

First of all, the sounds come my favorite 1st-Person shooter online game called Red Orchestra - Ostfront. I remixed a few and reduced the db on the tank engine movement sound (I always thought this was way too loud, blocking out all the fun sounds)

Credits ---> This mod is not possible without the ROEd (red orchestra editor).

"Eniced73 I ended up in the same place as you so I came back here to see if missed something. From this quote above it looks like this mod has restrictions & I don't own the "Red Orchestra" game so I'm unable to use this mod. I regress... I couldn't find the mod file either?
Thx,
Eagle Strike (aka Reddog)
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

We are working on changing some sounds with files that Matrix has the rights to.

Mraah seems to have left us. Hope he is well.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Novaliz

Post by Novaliz »

downloadlink is not working :(

Seydlitz69

Post by Seydlitz69 »

The link is dead [&:]
"He who has not fought the Germans does not know war". - British Military Aphorism

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”