For the Rodina

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
junk2drive

For the Rodina

Post by junk2drive »

Played as Soviet vs German AI on Normal
Good briefing tells me I need to seize the hill ahead and to my right. I pick my forces and see that I don't have enough points for everything. I take all the infantry, all the T34s, BT7s and one T60, one mortar plt, 4 off map arty.

I plot 76mm arty near the trenches on the hill. The battle begins.

Action starts quickly as I advance. I soon lose one flag. Stukas take out some of my best T34s. I trudge along watching the Ge needle rise to mid as my needle sinks. By midway I have retaken that flag and evening up the needles. I take the flag on the right after trading armour loses.

In the last few turns, Ge arty starts pounding my troops and taking it's toll. I have my needle near the top but just can't seem to peg it. I have corraled the enemy near the far left flag. A lone advancing BT descends the hill to take the flag by the road in the middle. That tips the scale and the battle is mine.

Not an easy battle. The AI did well at advancing, counterattacking and retreating when threatened.

One of my T34s had 9 kills.

Thanks to Redleg for the scenario.

EDIT 21 turns

Attachments
rodina.jpg
rodina.jpg (127.67 KiB) Viewed 179 times
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Redleg

RE: For the Rodina

Post by Redleg »

Thanks for the AAR.  This was very comparable to my outcome.  I am very impressed with how the AI handles its troops.  It is fun to watch it pop smoke and move behind cloud.  It is also very adept at finding small dips in the ground large enough to provide cover for a squad..... I wish I could locate those spots as well.

Those Stukas are real tank busters at times.

Return to “After Action Reports”