RCG gives Error (13)

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
slimjim1970

RCG gives Error (13)

Post by slimjim1970 »

Everytime I try to create a new random campaign I keep getting this error. It happens after I start the RCG, the RBG window pops up and after I wait awhile nothing happens. Then I close the RBG window and the error occurs. I have downloaded and installed the IE8 hotfixes properly (unblocked) and I have edited my registry like all of the posts that I have read concerning this topic. Any ideas?

P.S. I am running on a Windows XP system.

Attachments
Error13.jpg
Error13.jpg (10.34 KiB) Viewed 141 times
rickier65

RE: RCG gives Error (13)

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: SlimJim

Everytime I try to create a new random campaign I keep getting this error. It happens after I start the RCG, the RBG window pops up and after I wait awhile nothing happens. Then I close the RBG window and the error occurs. I have downloaded and installed the IE8 hotfixes properly (unblocked) and I have edited my registry like all of the posts that I have read concerning this topic. Any ideas?

P.S. I am running on a Windows XP system.

have you tried any of the other random campaigns? ie, the 7th panzer should be similar. Also, have you added any map templates to your data\templates directory?

thanks
rick
slimjim1970

Post by slimjim1970 »

Thanks Rick for looking at this. I tried starting another random campaign and I selected 7th panzer (long) as you suggested, same error (13). As far as the data\templates directory goes, haven't touched it since the install.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Slim,

I checked an CP install here, and was able to generate a Random Campaign. I don't recall doing any registry edits, but I think my XP system has IE7 not IE8.

I've posted a msg in the dev forum and maybe someone there will have an idea.

I'll look at the IE 8 instructions and see if something else comes to mind.

Also, after running it, look in your Data\Scenario folder and see if you have any scenarios built, name ' @RXXXXXXXXX.XML'. It doesn't sound like it's getting that far, but you could check just in case.

thanks
rick

Return to “Tech Support”