game wont install

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
billios65

game wont install

Post by billios65 »

Hi comrades,

recently purchased PANZER COMMAND KHARKOV in CD form however i cant get it to install.
my pc has VISTA 32 and meets all optimum specs for this game,i already have WINTER STORM which installed ok and plays just fine. i tried the usuall "install as xp" , as administrator and have dis-abled anti virus.when i put disk in it hums for about 5-10 mins then i get a message on screen saying "WINDOWS HAS ENCOUNTED A PROBLEM AND WILL CLOSE THIS PROGRAM" ! any suggestions ?

thanks, Bill
junk2drive

RE: game wont install

Post by junk2drive »

From memory the CD contains an exe file. Copy the exe to you desktop. Right click the exe, click properties, and see if it says unblock. If so, unblock it, close, then double click the exe and see if it runs the installer.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Bill,

Have you disabled your anti-virus/security software before installing? It could be one of those is trying to scan through the installer and creating a long delay.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
billios65

Post by billios65 »

hi Erik,

yes i dis-abled anti-virus on installation attempts.no joy !

Bill
billios65

Post by billios65 »

hi dude,

followed your instructions but never found "UNBLOCK" option."SETUP APPLICATION HAS STOPPED WORKING" just keeps popping up . AAAAAAAARGH!

thanks anyway Bill
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: baggins65

hi dude,

followed your instructions but never found "UNBLOCK" option."SETUP APPLICATION HAS STOPPED WORKING" just keeps popping up . AAAAAAAARGH!

thanks anyway Bill

Are you able to copy the files from the CD to your hard drive? If you can't then the problem is with the CD I think,. not install, just copy.

I don't have Vista, so I'm not at all familiar with it's messages.

Rick
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Bill,

Do you have any other games from us on CD that you can try? The only thing the CD does when you insert it is use the autorun file to run the setup installer, which is an executable file. There's no reason for that to fail to start unless something on your system is preventing it. Do you have a friend with a system you could test it on to make sure it's not a problem with the CD itself?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
billios65

Post by billios65 »

Hi Rick,

i was able to copy the exe file to documents but nothing more.

thanks,

Bill
billios65

Post by billios65 »

Hi Erik,

i will walk over to my sons house and ask him to try and install it on one of his systems.will let you know how i got on.

thanks, Bill
billios65

Post by billios65 »

Hi Erik,

my son tried to install the CD on his various systems with no joy , seems like a dud CD !
company are sending me a new one so hope i have better luck with that.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks for confirming that, Bill. We just became aware of a larger issue with some corrupt CDs being sent out by DR over the last couple of weeks as well, should have an announcement on that later today. However, the upshot is that you should indeed be able to get a free replacement on our dime. If you already worked that out with our support, great. If not, please do so through our Help Desk.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
billios65

Post by billios65 »

Hi Erik,

got my replacement CD in the mail, installed ok and runs fine however the "RANDOM BATTLE GENERATOR" dose not work ! when i click on it on the game menu it appears incomplete and an error message says " an error has occured on the script on this page". i have uninstalled the game then re-installed it but the same thing happens. any suggestions ?

thanks, Bill
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: baggins65

Hi Erik,

got my replacement CD in the mail, installed ok and runs fine however the "RANDOM BATTLE GENERATOR" dose not work ! when i click on it on the game menu it appears incomplete and an error message says " an error has occured on the script on this page". i have uninstalled the game then re-installed it but the same thing happens. any suggestions ?

thanks, Bill

Baggins,

see this post: fb.asp?m=2220232

hopefully that will resolve your problem.

Rick

Return to “Tech Support”