Pbem questions

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
ankh morpork

Pbem questions

Post by ankh morpork »

Since both me and my brother might want to buy this game to battle each other - i'd like to know more about the pbem option.

How good is it? I know we used to pbem in CMBB and that one worked flawless.
Are there any bugs/well known problems with PC:K? Hows the loading times?
Any built in browser for it?

We really are excited about this game, but since we both quite new pc's we want to make sure we don't buy a game that doesnt
work very well with our OS (win7 x64).

Best Regards
Ankh
rickier65

RE: Pbem questions

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: ankh morpork

Since both me and my brother might want to buy this game to battle each other - i'd like to know more about the pbem option.

How good is it? I know we used to pbem in CMBB and that one worked flawless.
Are there any bugs/well known problems with PC:K? Hows the loading times?
Any built in browser for it?

We really are excited about this game, but since we both quite new pc's we want to make sure we don't buy a game that doesnt
work very well with our OS (win7 x64).

Best Regards
Ankh

Ankh,

I've never played PCK PBM, so I cant really respond. I have been playing a LOT of PBM or MP with PCO. This is another area that has been totally redone for PCO, so my experience with PCO would not reflect PCK PBM.

As for PCO, yes the mechanics for PBM, or what we testers usually refer to as MP for multiplay, works very smoothly. You can play using the traditional email file exchange, OR you can use a shared online folder (like Dropbox, or Windows Live share). testers use the online shared folder almost exclusively, it works very smooth. The play progresses very fast if both players are playing at same time, but has the advantage that if one player leaves, he can pick right up when he gets back. It's the best of both worlds.

But remember, my explanation is for PCO, NOT PCK.

Thanks
rick
ankh morpork

Post by ankh morpork »

Thank you very much for your reply - it's actually PCO i'm most interested in so your reply was more than welcome :)

Cheers!
ankh morpork

Post by ankh morpork »

Right,
so I bought the game today and started a pbem with my brother. But for some odd reason I get a very weird bug.

I start a game and go through the setup phase.
I take the file from my outbox and send it to my brother who then put it in his inbox.
He loads the game but what ever we do, he always end up playing the same side as me. He just refuse to select the other side when it's his turn.
What are we doing wrong?

Edit: And also, even though I get germanplacement(0)/germanorders(1) <- the game insta quit when I load the order one. It starts to load the scenario and once its loaded, all I get to see is the map and a box telling me its been saved to the outbox. And then the game quits.
ankh morpork

Post by ankh morpork »

Ahhh never mind! Duh! I should have given it more time! Works great now!

Return to “Tech Support”