Boot Camp - First Mission

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
TheGreatRadish

Boot Camp - First Mission

Post by TheGreatRadish »

I Bought the game last week and I'm delighted with it, it has really whet my appetite for Ostfront.

However, I noticed an issue with the Boot Camp, first scenario where you use smoke as concealment for an infantry rush over open ground to the church. It took me a few attempts to pull it off but I got there eventually. The problem was that I couldn't get the infantry to throw their smoke grenades. When I ordered them to do it they just stood there in the open and did nothing so I gave up trying and just used the mortar smoke exclusively.

Why would that be? Do certain conditions have to be met before they throw smoke?
junk2drive

RE: Boot Camp - First Mission

Post by junk2drive »

Its been a long time since I played the boot camp series. I'll take a look.

Meanwhile, when you open the orders menu, can you see CBE listed?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Select the order Engage>Target>Smoke Gr>CBE and stretch the rubberband up to 30m away and click. Troops only get one smoke grenade.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

Yep, CBE was listed.  It worked when I tried it again, and I swear they had smoke left to throw the first time [&:] (it happened more than once anyway).

No doubt I was doing something wrong [:o]

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”