Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first game?

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
Knavery

Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first game?

Post by Knavery »

I'm trying to buy this game in digital download, but when I select the single game option (not the bundle), it bundles them anyway. I do not want them both nor do I want to pay 70 bucks for them. I only want Panzer Command: Kharkov. Is this something that needs to be fixed?
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM
junk2drive

RE: Why can't I just order PC:Kharkov without the first game?

Post by junk2drive »

Yes, Erik is looking into it.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Knavery

Post by Knavery »

Looks like he has it fixed now. Thanks!
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)
3.4 gigahertz AMD Phenom 965 Quad Core
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1024Meg
4GB RAM
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Glad to hear that it's working again. The bundles were disabled during the Holiday Sale and DR forgot to turn them back on.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

I'm trying to buy Kharkov but the store won't let me buy just PC:K - it bundles Winter Storm into the purchase too. That means I'd have to pay £45 instead of £28. I don't want Winter Storm.

Is there still an issue with this?
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I'll have Erik look at it but you may just wait for PCO. It might be around $35 USD.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

Ah wait, no need. I was using Firefox and had already clicked on the discount link, just to investigate the price (even if I tried to bin WS it stayed after going back and clicking on the normal link). So, I tried it from IE instead and, bingo, no WS as part of the package.

So, I'm happily downloading PC:K right now [:)]

Message understood about Ostfront, but I get that anyway now as a PC:K owner, right? Loved the PC:K demo - I've been a CM player for years but this is a mighty fine alternative and fresh too.

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Yes you will get the upgrade for free. It takes a while to undo CM from your brain while learning PC but give it a chance.
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

Thanks! Yeah, but I went into it with an open mind and I am pleased with what I've got. Obviously, I've got alot of fun in front of me before Ostfront. [:D]
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Hopefully Ostfront will be out before you finish both campaigns.

Don't forget to burn a disc and write the serial number on it.
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

Fully backed up with the rest of my Matrix library [:)]

Sounds like Ostfront is really close then. That kinda persuaded me to take the plunge after months of deliberation. BTW, after only the tutorial and a brief mess about with the game, I'm loving the Platoon HQ orders system. Something's not right with the random battle generator, though. I get an "Internet Explorer Script Error" message when I run it and it asks me if I want to continue running scripts on this page with most of the images not displayed.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

There is a fix for IE in the tech section.

I hope the release is soon but you know how that goes...
TheGreatRadish

Post by TheGreatRadish »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

There is a fix for IE in the tech section.

I hope the release is soon but you know how that goes...

Cool, grabbed the fix and it's working fine now. Thanks for your speedy answers tonight!
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Glad to help.
gijas17

Post by gijas17 »

That IE fix really helps as it gives PCK more replay value after you finish those campaigns. There are also a few user made maps in the scenario section if your interested. I found them fun to play myself.
"Our strategy is to destroy the enemy from within, to conquer him through himself."

- Adolf Hitler

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”