What's next for Panzer Command?

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
junk2drive

RE: What's next for Panzer Command?

Post by junk2drive »

NA=North Africa
BFC= Battlefront
BO= CMBO Combat Mission Beyond Overlord
BB= CMBB
AK=CMAK

I think there is more interest in North West Europe than the desert but still see your point about buildings etc.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
JMass

Post by JMass »

North West Europe could be interesting (but not for me!) but it needs a lot of models, tanks, infantry, building, terrain etc and it should directly compete with CM:N. My vote is for NA (we have also Valentines) but the easy solution could be another East Front title set in the second half of the war, it needs only a few models but, to be more appetible, it should contains a code improvemente (i.e. destructible terrain/buildings), so the question could be: MG prefers to work on code or on models?
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Code because the openness of the engine allows everyone with talent to make the models.

Of course everything that was ever wanted in a game is on the wishlist and it has to run on a 486 with a 8mb graphics card and IE5.

Edit: any news on SP:AIW?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

I think the number of scenarios that were produced using CMAK as the basic scenario generator would show the interest level. I would be comfortable with the idea that CMAK produces 5 scenarios in a NWE setting for everyone done in a NA setting.

I could be wrong, but that's what appears to be the case at the Scenario Depot II.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
RocketMan

Post by RocketMan »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I do expect to have an update before Christmas

Note date of Original post: 10/13/2008

Sorry, but I couldn't resist.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Show some love and maybe Valentine's day? Ides of March? Easter Bunny?
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Hey Rocketman, good to see you following along.

That's what happens when you lose a developer and have to find another one. Keep the faith..that rumbling you hear hopefully is the train on it's way to get the patch at the station and not another earth quake. The world has seen enough earthquakes for awhile.

MR

decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

I think the number of scenarios that were produced using CMAK as the basic scenario generator would show the interest level. I would be comfortable with the idea that CMAK produces 5 scenarios in a NWE setting for everyone done in a NA setting ...

You know those stats better than I, but at least in N Africa there should be English mil maps available so PC map-makers wouldn't have to interpret Russian and German names to determine where the battles actually occurred.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

I think the number of scenarios that were produced using CMAK as the basic scenario generator would show the interest level. I would be comfortable with the idea that CMAK produces 5 scenarios in a NWE setting for everyone done in a NA setting ...

You know those stats better than I, but at least in N Africa there should be English mil maps available so PC map-makers wouldn't have to interpret Russian and German names to determine where the battles actually occurred.

If you have been following the Map Maker odyssey you would know that all a map maker for PC really has to do is interpret Google Earth. MM uses GE to do it's maps. That should be coming to a patch near you very soon.....at least that's the rumor.

Good Hunting.

MR

decaro

Post by decaro »

If you have been following the Map Maker odyssey you would know that all a map maker for PC really has to do is interpret Google Earth. MM uses GE to do it's maps. That should be coming to a patch near you very soon.....at least that's the rumor.

Good Hunting.

MR

Does that mean an end to all the confusion abt what towns and provinces are involved, considering both sides of a conflict may have different names for the same battle, i.e., "Bull Run" or "Manassas," and in different languages?

How easy is it to interpret Google Earth when determining a WW II battle site?
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

Does that mean an end to all the confusion abt what towns and provinces are involved, considering both sides of a conflict may have different names for the same battle, i.e., "Bull Run" or "Manassas," and in different languages?

No, that part doesn't change just because you use a source that can give it to you. You still have to go and figure out where it is.
How easy is it to interpret Google Earth when determining a WW II battle site?

It's no worse than any other source and when you do determnine where it's at then it's easier to get it onto a map.

If you have ever tried to make a tactical battle before there were internet map sites then you know how really great these tools are. Otherwise, a person had to BUY the maps, in an atlas, and try to interpret them and transfer them. All by hand and dead reckoning.

MR

RocketMan

Post by RocketMan »

Hey Rocketman, good to see you following along.

That's what happens when you lose a developer and have to find another one. Keep the faith..that rumbling you hear hopefully is the train on it's way to get the patch at the station and not another earth quake. The world has seen enough earthquakes for awhile.

MR

Hey MR. I am in and out unfortunately. I find it hard to sustain my interest in the same game for as long as you do!

I know they lost the developer of this game, I just thought it was interesting that a patch had been in the works for over a year. I had hoped that this game would finally be a worthy successor to Combat Mission, but have been disappointed on that front.

It is sad that after all these years, nobody has actually succeeded in creating a game better than CMBB and CMAK, and that includes Battlefront themselves with CM:SF.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

When you actually see the patch you'll understand the delay. We'll talk after you play all the changes.

You still in Colo. Springs? Hows global warming holding up for you? Gotta love Al....[8D]

Good Hunting.

MR

RocketMan

Post by RocketMan »

When you actually see the patch you'll understand the delay. We'll talk after you play all the changes.

You still in Colo. Springs? Hows global warming holding up for you? Gotta love Al....[8D]

Good Hunting.

MR

I am not holding my breath for the patch, although when it comes out I will probably give it a try.

Actually I live in the Denver area and it has been a cold fall and winter here. Being involved in collecting and analyzing data in the Aerospace industry, I have long known that the underlying data used in the climate "science" field is scientifically meaningless. Fortunately a lot of other people are starting to realize the same thing.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: RocketMan

... Being involved in collecting and analyzing data in the Aerospace industry, I have long known that the underlying data used in the climate "science" field is scientifically meaningless. Fortunately a lot of other people are starting to realize the same thing.

Although OT, I would enjoy hearing more on what you have to say on climate "science"; several years ago I wrote a college paper on the significance of the melting of the "permanent" southern polar ice cap on Mars.
RocketMan

Post by RocketMan »

I meant to post this comment in the PC:O forum and moved it there.

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”