Panzer Command: Kharkov Features List

The highly anticipated second release in the Panzer Command series, featuring an updated engine and many major feature improvements. 3D Tactical turn-based WWII combat on the Eastern Front, with historical scenarios and campaigns as well as support for random generated battles and campaigns from 1941-1944.
Grell

RE: Panzer Command: Kharkov Features List

Post by Grell »

Hi Mobius,[:)]

So Erik does all the work eh? LOL!

Regards,

Grell
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Far from it, but we've all been in overdrive for a while now.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Grell

Post by Grell »

Hi Erik!

I understand, was just funnin'. [:)]

Regards,

Grell
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

Erik,

Questions [;)] Sorry in advance if already stated, I looked but wasn't sure.

Obstructions - Remind me ... Where obstructions (roadblocks, wire, etc) included in this release? Also, whether they are or not, can they be purchased and placed on the board by the player during setup?

• New Spring and Summer Maps - Remind me again ... does movement rate get effected or change at all? Considering PCOWS was all winter I would think summer open terrain might increase this or go back to winter terrain and apply a change. And, if you decide on having a post release or spring maps, I would think the open terrain would change to mud or have pockets of mud etc. Maybe even have secondary roads muddy for those rainy days [:)].

Thanks,
Rob
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Mraah
Obstructions - Remind me ... Where obstructions (roadblocks, wire, etc) included in this release? Also, whether they are or not, can they be purchased and placed on the board by the player during setup?

There is barbed wire and tank obstacles, also sandbags. These are not purchasable items though, they are placed on the map during map creation. It's a limitation of the current map process. I'd like to make them separate once we do the map editor.

You can position and place these as you like in the scene editor, then update the terrain map to reflect their location. That's actually a pretty easy edit in the scheme of things so modifying an existing map into a new one with more obstacles would not take long once you learn the scene editor (which unfortunately is not an easy tool being an internal "bonus release" tool included since we don't have a full map editor rather than one polished for release).
• New Spring and Summer Maps - Remind me again ... does movement rate get effected or change at all? Considering PCOWS was all winter I would think summer open terrain might increase this or go back to winter terrain and apply a change. And, if you decide on having a post release or spring maps, I would think the open terrain would change to mud or have pockets of mud etc. Maybe even have secondary roads muddy for those rainy days [:)].

There are maps with mud and maps without. Dry ground, mud, snow all have different effects on different movement types. Each terrain type has a movement effect for the different types of movement.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
There is barbed wire and tank obstacles, also sandbags. These are not purchasable items though, they are placed on the map during map creation. It's a limitation of the current map process. I'd like to make them separate once we do the map editor.

You know, I can think of a really cool way to add tank obstacles myself as a purchaceable unit ...

You could simply replace the skin of a purchasable unit with dead skin and build another unit with no gun or engine. I know it would look funny with a commander sticking out but hey ... for a quick roadblock, why not [;)]. Eh, maybe button up the vehicle too.

Also, the A/I will most likely shoot at it ... soooo, if he does it would be an easy kill, maybe even open the blockage. I'm not too sure but since loaded games remove dead vehicles it might not work ... I dunno.

What do you think? Maybe even use the tank obstacle model for this too. Create a platoon of 5 in the OOB, cost debatable.

EDIT NOTE -- can a house model be swapped out? LOL, a mobile home blockage.
EDIT NOTE 2 ... I'm on a roll ... swap a vehicle with a wall or fence model with low armor rating and low target priority... the infantry can assault it and open a breach in the wire!!!
EDIT NOTE 3 ... Associate the model with a new dead wall skin or broken fence so when it blows it can have some eye candy. Nothing like purchaceable terrain that doesn't move or fire ... a handy gun pit to block line of sight .... I can go on with more edit notes .. don'tcha know [X(].

Rob
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

oops, bad click ... nothing more to add [:)].
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

Actually, I do having something to add ... my reasoning ...

If the collision algorithm uses the dimensions of a model to "avoid" it, ie vehicle units don't mash together and avoid each other, a big model in place of a vehicle model creates a big block.

Ehh, just a thought. Maybe I should change my login from Mraah to Mrideaman[:)].

Rob
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

My 2nd reasoning .... Since the crazy designed roadblock is part of a unit force the enemy has to SEE it to be aware of it.

Imagine having to come over the peak of a hill only to find your path is blocked. Or, breaking out of a forest to a river and finding the only bridge to cross has been blocked!! Well, not forever, but if infantry were advancing it sure would have been nice know the block was there beforehand! Not.

Hey, when the 4th Armored division made their advance to Bastogne they didn't know which bridges the US engineers blew until they came upon them. By then, was too late and had to wait for the temp bridges or find another way around. Humph!

Rob
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

You know, a purchaseable pillbox for the Russian's would be nice ... swap out the X file and graphics of the ZIS turret with a T-34 turret.

I've understood they actually used turret's by themselves for this very purpose.

Rob
Mraah

Post by Mraah »

ORIGINAL: Mraah
Imagine having to come over the peak of a hill only to find your path is blocked. Or, breaking out of a forest to a river and finding the only bridge to cross has been blocked!! Well, not forever, but if infantry were advancing it sure would have been nice know the block was there beforehand! Not.

Jokingly, I can see Colonel Klink's Infantry platoon breaking out of the woods towards the bridge ...

KLINK : Shultz!!! Sie sagte mir, es gab keine Blöcke auf der Brücke !!!
SHULTZ : Ich sehe nichts ... Nichts

Rob

You told me there were no blocks on the bridge.
I see nothing ... nothing
Agrippa

Post by Agrippa »

Wow, I look forward to this one!!!
Salute,

Agrippa
spwaw

Post by spwaw »

Can be deleted.
spwaw

Post by spwaw »

This can be deleted.
spwaw

Post by spwaw »

Updated my opinion´s
Gras grids!
tm.asp?m=1789284

Better unit modelling:
-Surrending animation
-Infantry damage ..You saw exactly how many killed on your troop.
-Much more different kind of vehicles.(Example where is JS-1,KV-85,SU series..ect.. ?)

-Moving animation (line) shows exactly where your troop can go if not disturbt.
-Time scaaling during combat.Day..evening...night...dawn ect..
-Ammo count!! Very important.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: spwaw
-Much more different kind of vehicles.(Example where is JS-1,KV-85,.ect.. ?)
They are in the Mods and Scenarios section of the forum
JS tanks
KV-85
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
spwaw

Post by spwaw »

GOD hear! Thx!
JMass

Post by JMass »

- a double-arrow button to scroll scenarios more quickly
- towed guns
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1

Return to “Panzer Command: Kharkov”