o.k help is needed

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
btactical

o.k help is needed

Post by btactical »

now Ive been playing tis game for awhile now and i must say i like ie very much but i do have a question.... how do you defeat the floater guys without particle weapons i'm about to go head to head with them and my last encounter was somewhat shocking to say the least!!!! ant suggestions will be welcomed
dbt1949_slith

RE: o.k help is needed

Post by dbt1949_slith »

As there are a lot of "floater guys" type aliens I don't know exactly which kind you're talking about. If it's the phantoms then use whatever weapon is your best and try to arrange so they use up most of their points following you around before taking shots. The close attack weapons of the flame thrower of the chemical gun work real well.
If it's the flying saucer type then they're vulnerable to gas grenades.
Ye Olde Farte
btactical

Post by btactical »

o.k maybe i should"ve been more detailed so here goes....yes it is the phantoms that i was talking about but alsothe trilobites,the preacher, and the terror floater. all these i have encountered so far while using EEEG weapons. also what about these gas grenades or are you talking about chem grenades?
dbt1949_slith

Post by dbt1949_slith »

Yes, I'm talking about the chemical grenades. I don't know why I always say gas. Anyrate the phantoms aren't really vulnerable to anything. Just takes a lot of hits to bring them down. If you can get them in close quarters the a chemical gun of a flamethrower can take them down in one shot or maybe two.
I don't know if you know it or not but you can carry one of these weapons in your backpack and it won't slow you down until you actually put it in your soldiers hands. So in a terrorist mission if you know there's a baddie on the other side of the wall use your regular gun to blow a hole in the wall and then hit them with a flame or chem gun. Making sure you're not standing right next to it.
Also once you research the trilobite you'll get access to a better chemical grenade. Rocket launchers with the chemical or fire rockets (both are ones you have to manufacture)are pretty good in the open spaces.
Ye Olde Farte
GalacticOrigins

Post by GalacticOrigins »

Phantoms can be hit by  (in order of least affective to BEST) =

Old Tech (lasers, plasma, ion, all of these are kinda icky against phantoms)
AKEW
EEEW
Chemical anything (the second chem grenade is very effective)
Particle

AKEW will work, but EEEW is a little better. Of course, you have to make the AKEW and it is time-consuming. EEEW is usually found nicely from the enemy.

Return to “The War Room”