Medkits vs Advanced med kits

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
hdm7k

Medkits vs Advanced med kits

Post by hdm7k »

I checked the stats on these while using Bman's mod. I use AP's to swap stuff around in inventory during combat (3 shoulder, 6 belt, 10 backpack). Stats are from an easy game with one man in the workshop slaving away.

Stimpack: $120 instant purchase, no workshop time, 35 healing, no critical injuries.
Medkit: $40000, 20 days and 20 hours workshop time, 50 heaing, yes critical injuries.
Advanced medkit: $60000, 52 days and 2 hours workshop time, 70 heaing, yes critical injuries.

(Note: More men obviously make them faster. I just used one man as a baseline to compare.)

Now my way of doing things is to get the medkit asap, use it to fix critical injuries, then swap to skimpack(s) and fix the regular injuries accepting the AP penalty to "save" the medkits to fix critical injuries. (BTW: SOP is that the guys all carry medkits in-hand, swapping to grenades as needed since I find I need more healing than grenades. They also carry two stimpacks on one shoulder.)

I'm aware that on the "last" mission that you don't get to resupply so that is when I'd use the Advanced medkits.

If you make 350 healing points of 'kits, you have 5 Advanced ($300,000 and 250+ workshop hours) or 7 regular (280,000 and 145+ workshop hours). Am I wrong in thinking that the Advanced Medkit isn't really worth the extra money and workshop time?

Howard
dbt1949_slith

RE: Medkits vs Advanced med kits

Post by dbt1949_slith »

I'm not sure the advanced med kits are worth the extra resources. I usually have each soldier carry two of the stimpacks and have the team carry 2-4 of the regular med kits. I use the med kits strictly for the serious wounds and the stimpacks for the rest of the healing.
If I have extra resources and time I'll go with the advanced med kits but they're not a priority for me.
Ye Olde Farte
GalacticOrigins

RE: Medkits vs Advanced med kits

Post by GalacticOrigins »

Most of my top soldiers have from 100-120 Health. Even advanced medikits are not enough! I will most likely alter the settings and make the ad med kit worth 90 healing for the next game. It is SO tedious to change the inventory so often for wounded personnel! For the last missions I have 2 ad kits for each soldier and some stimpacks.

Return to “The War Room”