FOW Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding
Skie

FOW Mod

Post by Skie »

I'm using Bman's mod, and I think it changes how the FOW works for night missions and alien base missions. Although, these may just be extremely dark in vanilla too. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to brighten these missions a little. I know I could up the brightness on my monitor, but I don't want to have to adjust it up and down for a game. And, the game itself has no brightness or gamma slider.

Another issue, I don't know if this is related to the brightness, is that once my troops look away from an area it's like the FOW regrows. I can't even see a faint outline of what had been there.

If there's a mod that does this, great. If not, if you could help me out by letting me know how to up the brightness level in these missions I'd appreciate it.

With how dark it is, I need flares like in UFO:EU to add some light sources. [:D]
bman654

RE: FOW Mod

Post by bman654 »

Turn off the "True Night Mod" from the in-game Bman Ease of Use settings screen -- just do it before you load a globe savegame.  Don't turn it off and then load a combat savegame as the fog-of-war will be confused.

Return to “Mods and Tweaks”