RELEASE: SageXCOM Mod b.0041

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding
PhoenixD

RE: RELEASE: SageXCOM Mod b.004

Post by PhoenixD »

We're working on that. :P The current plan is to have severely degraded accuracy with something else in hand. I do like the current mechanic's way of boosting the usefulness of Pistols, though.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Perhaps allow a grenade to be equipped together with a rifle/shotgun, but significantly increase the AP cost of throwing the grenade to reflect slinging the rifle or setting it aside to pull the pin and ready the grenade? I agree with some accuracy penalty, but it shouldn't be terrible - a person can still throw pretty well while holding a rifle in one hand.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
PhoenixD

Post by PhoenixD »

I meant accuracy for firing the rifle, actually.

Wisdom, voteslave: what version did the error start with? It sounds like its related..
SlapBone

Post by SlapBone »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Perhaps allow a grenade to be equipped together with a rifle/shotgun, but significantly increase the AP cost of throwing the grenade to reflect slinging the rifle or setting it aside to pull the pin and ready the grenade? I agree with some accuracy penalty, but it shouldn't be terrible - a person can still throw pretty well while holding a rifle in one hand.

I would agree with the AP cost but not the loss in accuracy (for the very reason you outlined). No soldier in history would ever have slung his rifle to two-hand a grenade.
sage

Post by sage »

You ever try to pull a grenade pin out with your teeth? [:D]

I agree that the current solution for rifles is hacky -- like I said, I do have mixed feelings about it. We'll work on something that is more elegant.
I would agree with the AP cost but not the loss in accuracy (for the very reason you outlined). No soldier in history would ever have slung his rifle to two-hand a grenade.
voteslave

Post by voteslave »

ORIGINAL: PhoenixD
Wisdom, voteslave: what version did the error start with? It sounds like its related..

i think it was after 0.4 but with the manual edit (deleted a couple of // i think)
SlapBone

Post by SlapBone »

ORIGINAL: sage

Which counts against the AP, but once the grenade (sans pin) is in the throwing hand, the guy is going to throw it as well as he ever could. He's definitely not going to stop, open up his pack, put his rifle in his pack (or on the ground), pull out the grenade, pull the pin, and then throw it...unless,you know, the alien stops to laugh his ass off.

Most common practice (military can correct me if I'm wrong), seems like it would be to tuck the rifle in the armpit, use the off hand to pull the pin, and then throw it...ok maybe I would sling it real quick, but not drop it on the ground.

I'm using the mod, so my bitch is that I want my left hand back, even if I take a hit on accuracy with the rifle while a grenade is in my hand. I don't mind going into the pack, putting a grenade in my hand, and then throwing it. I just hate having to move the rifle to do it. I'm not going to keep a grenade in my hand the whole time. Just when I want to throw one.

I haven't checked, are you guys charging less AP to grab from the belt and the shoulders than you are from the pack?

Anyway, good job on the mod. I have just this one bitch, but it almost made me mad enough to go back to Vanilla.
sage

Post by sage »

AP costs are detailed in the readme.

You can easily reset the 2h value for rifle type weapons in scripts\test\config.xscr change twohands from 'true' to 'false' for each weapon you want change.

ORIGINAL: SlapBone

Which counts against the AP, but once the grenade (sans pin) is in the throwing hand, the guy is going to throw it as well as he ever could. He's definitely not going to stop, open up his pack, put his rifle in his pack (or on the ground), pull out the grenade, pull the pin, and then throw it...unless,you know, the alien stops to laugh his ass off.

Most common practice (military can correct me if I'm wrong), seems like it would be to tuck the rifle in the armpit, use the off hand to pull the pin, and then throw it...ok maybe I would sling it real quick, but not drop it on the ground.

I'm using the mod, so my bitch is that I want my left hand back, even if I take a hit on accuracy with the rifle while a grenade is in my hand. I don't mind going into the pack, putting a grenade in my hand, and then throwing it. I just hate having to move the rifle to do it. I'm not going to keep a grenade in my hand the whole time. Just when I want to throw one.

I haven't checked, are you guys charging less AP to grab from the belt and the shoulders than you are from the pack?

Anyway, good job on the mod. I have just this one bitch, but it almost made me mad enough to go back to Vanilla.
SlapBone

Post by SlapBone »

AP costs are detailed in the readme.

You can easily reset the 2h value for rifle type weapons in scripts\test\config.xscr change twohands from 'true' to 'false' for each weapon you want change.

Oh, I see where the problem is now. I hope the tone of my posts were not too overbearing. You guys are really doing an awesome job.
Wisdom

Post by Wisdom »

I see this both at the base and the intercept screen. I had been using the second version of your release fine; skipped #3 (was there one?) and loaded 4 and 4.1 back to back. Problem started with 4.1 or 4, far as I can tell. I've tried clean install twice. Get the same error message every time; and only after futzing with inventory for a bit, hiring another squaddie and then saving the game. After doing these things, then clicking on a squaddie to remove him from a transport, I get the crash.
PhoenixD

Post by PhoenixD »

Hmm. Might be related to the inventory changes I made, might not. Does it happen if you refrain from hiring anyone?
sage

Post by sage »

No it's all good -- strong opinions are still good opinions! And I agree that this is the optimum system.
ORIGINAL: SlapBone

Oh, I see where the problem is now. I hope the tone of my posts were not too overbearing. You guys are really doing an awesome job.

[/quote]
Bolka

Post by Bolka »

Download not working...

DrAtomic

Post by DrAtomic »

ORIGINAL: Bolka

Download not working...

Clear your browser cache and then try again, that worked for me.

Ps. is their a way to revert the changes in ranks and weapon names back? Esp. the new heavy laser name is a pain (can't even see how much ammo I've got in stock cept for going into buy/sell).
Bolka

Post by Bolka »

I cleared all I could in every way I could think of, it still doesn't work. Either download fails, or key revoked
Bolka

Post by Bolka »

Could someone put this file somewhere it can be downloaded?
I am dying to play this mod, it sounds like it has all this game was missing....
DrAtomic

Post by DrAtomic »

Try it from this link: http://hosted.filefront.com/jsage, or download the .4 version from there and manually add in the fix that makes it 0.41.
sage

Post by sage »

ORIGINAL: Bolka

I cleared all I could in every way I could think of, it still doesn't work. Either download fails, or key revoked

Yeah, apologies, filefront is pretty unreliable.
Bolka

Post by Bolka »

There's no way filefront will let me have a single bit of anything...
Bolka

Post by Bolka »

Well, I got it. Just opened about 12 windows and made many requests at the same time. One of them eventually got through...

Return to “Mods and Tweaks”