Crashes to desktop...

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
TheHellPatrol

Crashes to desktop...

Post by TheHellPatrol »

I have found that these ctd's only happen when entering a planet(land) battle, it doesn't matter who initiated the combat (ai or player) and it appears to be random. I have a save if someone wants it although it "is" random. Saving before invading a planet OR before being invaded seems to be a good workaround.
Alienware P4 2.8ghz 1GB Ram
GeForce FX5700 Ultra 128mg
Audigy ZS Platinum Pro soundcard
Freshly re-formated Windows XP with very current drivers[8D].
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

praetorblue

RE: Crashes to desktop...

Post by praetorblue »

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, please keep your save-games from before a crash. We'll need these when we create the first patch. Also, if you find that you often have crashes in a certain situation, please save your game so you can keep playing. :) We've ironed out every crash bug we were able to find, but clearly there a few that snuck by. We'll do our best to resolve them.

- Vance
Vance Vagell
Programmer
Black Hammer Game
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

Sometimes it's every other planet invasion that crashes and if i saved, which i do, it's not too big a deal but...if i don't reboot from time to time after a crash it crashes during the planets land battle[:@]. At least if there were an auto-save feature or a hotkey, it may be a memory leak. Great gameplay but there are some issues for certain, i would hazard a guess that you guys are aware of what needs to be done[;)].
Henry David Thoreau

WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

Hi,

I had my first CTD...here's the error message:

Application popup: Supremacy : Four Paths to Power: SFPTP.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77c47879" referenced memory at "0x05525000". The memory could not be "read".

And the last of the Ogre.log:

18:55:15: MD3Mesh: Loading cargoship/cargo3.md3 .
18:55:56: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'ap_bg_blank.png' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:25: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'light1_texture.jpg' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:25: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'terrain_detail_light.tga' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:26: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'terrain_detail_light_grid.tga' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:26: MD3Mesh: Loading props/altantree1.MD3 .
18:56:26: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'props/altan_tree.png' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:26: D3D9 : Loading 2D Texture, image name : 'props/fern.png' with 5 mip map levels
18:56:26: MD3Mesh: Loading props/altanbush.MD3 .
18:56:26: MD3Mesh: Loading props/altantree3.MD3 .
18:56:26: MD3Mesh: Loading props/altantree.MD3 .

Unfortunately I have no save file to give you. This was with the tutorial on my first attack on the planet.

My system is:

Windows XP SP2, AMD Athlon 3000+, 1GB RAM and an ATI x800 Pro video card

Bill
Zero G

Post by Zero G »

I've played about half a dozen games and Supremacy has not crashed once. Maybe you guys should send them dxdiag reports to help them track down the bug. I'll give my specs for a reference as to what doesn't have a problem with Supremacy.

Windows XP Pro SP1
Abit KX7-333R
AMD Athlon XP 2200+
2x512MB Corsair XMS
Radeon 9800 Pro
Soundblaster Live Value
TheHellPatrol

Post by TheHellPatrol »

I'm re-downloading the game as maybe it has something to do with the digital river gold dd problem:no save game folder and something else is missing[8|]. After reading the above post from Wbaugh it only solidifies my theory that it is a memory(leak?) issue as every other map won't load eg:crash to first screen "run supremacy etc." but the second try always works...it's too predictable. If i succeed i'll post back here.
Henry David Thoreau

Ludeman

Post by Ludeman »

I have a 9800 pro and it was CTD on me as well. But it was the old "Did you update your video drivers" trick that solved it for me[X(]
praetorblue

Post by praetorblue »

I get annoyed when developers tell me to update my drivers as a solution, but you know what? It's the problem 75% of the time. :)
Vance Vagell
Programmer
Black Hammer Game
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

same thing here, on my first tutorial game, the game has crashed when I was entering land battle with a SFPTP.exe - Application Error

I have windows xp, Athlon 1600+ xp, 512 Mb RAM, leadtek Winfast Geforce2 64 MX with the latest drivers.

unfortunately no save game file, but another problem : I cannot type a name when I conquer a planet or a station, hitting a key does just cause the game to play a "beep" sound
"Nous vaincrons parce que nous sommes les plus forts."
Paul Reynaud, 20/03/1940
praetorblue

Post by praetorblue »

Manfred,

Is this happening in fullscreen mode? Windowed mode? Both? If you always run in fullscreen, please try running it as a window, and see if it still beeps when you try to type.

Thanks,
Vance
Vance Vagell
Programmer
Black Hammer Game
Manfred

Post by Manfred »

I have tried full screen & windowed mode, and I can just type my name and type the save games, but cannot rename planet & stations. I have a french keyboard, don't know if it matters, I have no similar problems with my other progs.
about the ctd, it happened only one time to me but I haven't played much. I was using windowed mode.
"Nous vaincrons parce que nous sommes les plus forts."
Paul Reynaud, 20/03/1940

Return to “Tech Support”