FINALLY got a carrier kill...and wiped out a whole carrier task force

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
spacerat

FINALLY got a carrier kill...and wiped out a whole carrier task force

Post by spacerat »

I was in a devistator class cruiser puttering along with my group when I saw a wonderful trail of little red blips pointing like an arrow. I set my auto pilot to a point close to it and come out swinging. I took out 3 tigers in the first 90 seconds or so and then blew away a cruiser and a destroyer. I began beating down on the carreier and it got to 58% before it jumped out. Thinking quickly I jumped out to the #1 destination (for some reason they seem to go here more) and popped in well behind the bastard (my quantum drive had been heavily damaged and I had to sit around 3-4 min before I could jump out) he was over 150 klicks from me. I set my throttle to full and began lobbing my 8 remaining athenas. After they ran out I shutdown the athena system and my probe launger to give more power to weapons. When I got to about 100km he threw practically every fighter he had at me without effect. I mowed right though them. I stood off at about 30km using my graisers to deadly effect. Even in 4x time it took about 3 minutes of constant beating and the whole time I was afraid he'd jump out again. FINALLY he exploded in a spiffy pyrotechnic display. My final score: 3700. No medals.
TheDeadlyShoe

RE: FINALLY got a carrier kill...and wiped out a whole carrier task force

Post by TheDeadlyShoe »

Yes Carriers are tough bastids [;)]

He couldn't jump out again because his quantum takes a god-awful amount of time to recharge- Heh.

Hegemony ships are usually vulnerable to attacks on their Fusion generators from the rear. When facing tough targets, especially with no missiles remaining, it's advisable to go for the generators.
@TheDeadlyShoe> Unless, say, you could make black holes at will.
@Razeam> I can do that but I don't want to.
spacerat

Post by spacerat »

ORIGINAL: TheDeadlyShoe

Yes Carriers are tough bastids [;)]

He couldn't jump out again because his quantum takes a god-awful amount of time to recharge- Heh.

Hegemony ships are usually vulnerable to attacks on their Fusion generators from the rear. When facing tough targets, especially with no missiles remaining, it's advisable to go for the generators.

the

my quantum drive was recharged by the time I killed him and he had jumped out 5-10 min before me so he could have jumped out. Also the fusion reactor on carriers isn't vulerable at all and nither is the quantum drive.
TheDeadlyShoe

Post by TheDeadlyShoe »

It's not very vulnerable. Not the same thing as almost unkillable, like, say, a battery subsystem. [;)]
@TheDeadlyShoe> Unless, say, you could make black holes at will.
@Razeam> I can do that but I don't want to.

Return to “After Action Reports”