Saitek Aviator (AV8R-01) Joystick problems

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
spaceranger

Saitek Aviator (AV8R-01) Joystick problems

Post by spaceranger »

Hi there, just picked up an Aviator joystick to play with and I cannot get the game to respond to it. The joystick control panel shows that it's receiving the joystick signals, and I've tried all options available for the joystick controls.

Can anyone please help me out here?

Thanks!
spaceranger

RE: Saitek Aviator (AV8R-01) Joystick problems

Post by spaceranger »

Hey folks! I got it all sussed out! Woot! Ironically, I figured out what was wrong after I emailed Matrix support and Milo gave me an email reply forthwith after that.

It turns out that it was all user error ... [8|] I also use a Nostromo n52, and did not have the correct settings selected, the game was confused about which joystick I wanted to use. Now I have all controls in my Saitek AV8r-01 profile working as intended, and I'm having a blast going through the stock campaigns.

I have to say that this is the space sim game I've been waiting for since I first played Elite on a Commodore 64 in the '80's. I'm psyched, I'll be going through all of the stock campaigns and then embarking on collaboration with the SW:Destiny crowd, once I get my head around the SDK, et. al.

Looking forward to playing this excellent game MUCH more!

Cheers!
martinarnold

RE: Saitek Aviator (AV8R-01) Joystick problems

Post by martinarnold »

I have what is hopefully an easy fix. I noticed that my flight sim. pulls to the right. When I go to calibrate the "twist" it shows that it is in fact off to the right.

Q: How do I fix that?

Plse email me at martinarnold69@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help

Return to “Tech Support”