Uninstalled Game

Starshatter: The Gathering Storm extends the classic space sim by combining fighter and starship combat in a single dynamic campaign game.
sabre1

Uninstalled Game

Post by sabre1 »

Well this game may be a good game, but not on my system. Too many problems with interface and mouse issues.

There are just to many games out there that work for me, and I'm not interested anymore in troubleshooting issues.

Just chalk this one up to a donation to Matrix.
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
CEDeaton

RE: Uninstalled Game

Post by CEDeaton »

Had the same problem. Bought because of who distributed it without reading the reviews. Live and learn...
Semper Fi,
Craig

It's always pilot error. Sometimes the idiot just doesn't know how to fly a broken aircraft.
milkweg

RE: Uninstalled Game

Post by milkweg »

Don`t give up so easy. The game works fine with a couple of tweaks. Because you mentioned interface issues I know you are using Vista or Win7. That issues is caused by Aero desktop and the fix is to go to the properties for the exe or shortcut to start the game and then  the compatibility tab and put a check mark in disable visual themes and desktop composition, while there also set it to run as administrator. Now try running the game and the interface issues should be now fixed for you. This is a standard fix I need to apply to a few games on Win7. Any time you see a game on Vista or Win7 start to flash a bit and sometimes show the desktop through the game graphics then disable visual themes is the standard fix. I also disable desktop composition too but not sure if that is really needed. When you start any game with this change you will see Aero desktop get disabled just before the game starts but it gets turned back on when you quit the game. Except for a couple of buggy games, then you just log off and log back on and it will get enabled again.

Return to “Starshatter: The Gathering Storm”