Should I buy?

This 2005 re-release of the updated 2000 sci-fi classic puts the player in the role of building a space-faring civilization.
sabre100

Should I buy?

Post by sabre100 »

Is this game any good? Have all the issues been fixed I want to buy it and want to get your input if you have the game.

Thanks
Uncle_Joe

RE: Should I buy?

Post by Uncle_Joe »

I got enough enjoyment out of it to recommend a purchase if you are looking for a lite 4x game. Its not really deep like some other Space 4x titles, but it fits together pretty well. It kind of reminds me of David Weber's Honor Harrington series in terms of the combat and technologies.

I dont believe they've hammered out all the bugs though. It seems pretty hit or miss on whether or not it runs. I dont have many problems running it (every now and then), but friends of mine have it crashing nearly every game. The same story seems to apply to other posters....some have problems and others dont.

Overall, there isnt much else on the Space 4x market at the moment, so if that is what you are hungry for at the moment, then give it a go.
JSS

Post by JSS »

ORIGINAL: sabre100

Is this game any good? Have all the issues been fixed I want to buy it and want to get your input if you have the game.

Thanks

Don't play it myself... but have heard it's very good for its type.

I do know that there has been a significant amount of work put into fixing issues for this game.

JSS

sabre100

Post by sabre100 »

Thanks for the reply guys appreciate the feedback.

Return to “Reach For The Stars”