Multiplayer freeze midway through game

This 2005 re-release of the updated 2000 sci-fi classic puts the player in the role of building a space-faring civilization.
schlarper

Multiplayer freeze midway through game

Post by schlarper »

I am playing RFTS using the IPX connection over our LAN. The game works fine until we reach a certain turn and the game freezes. The cursor changes to a picture of a computer with a spot circling around it and thats it. We have reloaded the game back a few turns, and played it again but it freezes on the same turn.

Using a different host, again the game works fine for a number of turns and then it falls over again in the same manner.

We have tried a number of different RFTS games, and they all do this. The only thing different is the turn number that each game freezes on. But each game freezes on the same turn when we load a previously saved turn.

I dont have any idea what is wrong, as the PC's see each other at the beginning until the freeze. I have noticed that it seems to happen when I have finished researching an era ( although that could be sour grapes on my behalf :(

I have the original 2000 game with the universal patch and the 140C and 1.41 patches on both machines. We use XP.

Any ideas on this one?

Return to “Reach For The Stars”