Navy Problems

This forum is for feedback on the online play beta patch, available through the Members' Club. All comments on the beta patch should be posted here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

kaiser6

Navy Problems

Post by kaiser6 »

Hi,

I am new to all of this... never been part of a forum discussion before and am new to WaW. I have had a good look through the forum but cant seem to find anyone else experiencing the same problems I am having. I bought the 1040 version and updated with the 1087 beta. As part of my first move (I am Germany) I try to demolish the british fleet near the suez however only some of my ships will fire during the engagement. I have tried putting them there as part of a stack move and then individually. All ships are fully supplied and fueled, sometimes one of the heavy fleet will fire sometimes none and likewise with the light fleets. The subs always fire. Anyone else experiencing this?? Also if i attack the fleet off gibraltar i experience the same thing except it also adds another transport to the british fleet. Before I attack it says they have 8 ships, but as soon as I move my ships into combat it jumps to 9.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
K6
MrQuiet

RE: Navy Problems

Post by MrQuiet »

Page 71 Section 8.6

Naval Ship to Ship combat is unique in that not all ships participate. The number of ships
that are allowed to fire on both sides is determined as follows. When a naval battle
occurs, roll an N sided die (where N is equal to the number of Heavy and Light fleets in
the region of the player with the most of these Fleets in the region). Then, if the roll is
greater than 1, roll again 1 to X (where X is the first roll). This is the number of Fleets that
will fight. First, Light and Heavy Fleets are paired up until they are all engaged, then
Carrier Fleets.
Lebatron

RE: Navy Problems

Post by Lebatron »

I think this subject should get a skicky. Not this thread but a new faq explaining this as it keeps coming up because new people miss the old questions as they get buried. If I recall Jan just wrote a detailed explaination a month or two ago. Or was it someone else? Anyway, I think a new FAQ placed into the top category explaining this is needed.

Now that I think about it, and am taking a look at these top stickies, I see a need for some house cleaning. Some are good but others stray over many posts to answer a simple question. The amphibious assault one, located in the War Room, is one I feel should be removed from the top list as its was not created to be a FAQ. Its just a long string of posts that eventually answers the question. It should be replaced with a new amphibious assault faq written in the style of "Free Trade Investigated and Explained."

If a few new quality FAQ's were added, all of these recuring questions could be simply answered by referring the new player to the right FAQ. Here's a list of FAQ's that I feel we must have to help new players. Anybody care to volunteer?

1. How to conduct an amphibious assult.
2. Naval combat explained.
3. Land combat explained.
4. Op-fire explained.
5. Partisans explained.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

Return to “Limited Public Beta Feedback”