Campaign 1939 Version03

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

sveint

RE: Campaign 1939 v01

Post by sveint »

Thanks GenTroy,

Any feedback is welcome - also negative (if you'd like to see further changes). Are you playing it against the computer?
GenTroy

Post by GenTroy »

ORIGINAL: sveint

Thanks GenTroy,

Any feedback is welcome - also negative (if you'd like to see further changes). Are you playing it against the computer?

Im playing as Germany and haven't played enough to say about changes yet. Yet the French pretty much evacuate France into Enland when they see me kick some major ASS on the 1st turn lol! I Also can take out Southern France in Turn 2 because it is empty. This leads to the Build Que screen to have a wierld symbol for the Vichy France. I do really like the French running scared into England its funny.[:D] If I have history right they did retreat some troops to England when it was about to fall didn't they?

GenTroy
Traveler

new patch

Post by Traveler »

Do the '39 files work with the new patch?
Franky513

RE: new patch

Post by Franky513 »

ORIGINAL: Traveler

Do the '39 files work with the new patch?

Yes. By the way, GREAT campaign, sveint! [:)]

Ciao Frank
mdh1204

Post by mdh1204 »

Nice work but I think its too easy.

I've been playing wargames for forever it seems. In reviewing your mod, and while bearing in mind the comments made, I've noticed a few things that need corrected, in my opinion.

Belgium had a fairly decent sized army although still poor compared to Germany's of course. Holland was about the size of Denmark's (I believe) - 2 militia size.
Your mod makes their combined armies too small.

Yugoslavia is too weak now. It was more realistic before.

Denmark should have 2 militia.

France really needs better AI. It wouldn't just let Paris be destroyed so easily. It holds on to the Maginot with 3/5 of the army while I'm sitting in Brussels. As a matter of fact, France is too weak in the orginal game. They need an additional 2 armor and a milita (2 or 3 more units in 1940).

More research on what everyone had in the Summer might help. As it is, I was able to
take Poland and France in the Summer/Fall of '39. Its a cake walk.

I realize you have done a lot of work here, but its a step backward I'm afraid.

Perhaps if you started over with the first turn as Fall 1939, and put Russia back behind the Baltic states and East Poland???

Thanks for sharing/listening.
I have been kicked out of the Matrix Games forums because I can not control my mouth and at times act like a complete ass.
mdh1204

Post by mdh1204 »

P.S. SPAIN - They had an army about the size of Italy's with a much weaker navy and airforce (I think).

Italy's army is a tad too small as well. They need at least one or two more actual infantry units (not just militia) in the 1940 campaign. Come to think of it, they need their production wheel fixed, as I think they only make milita. LOL.
I have been kicked out of the Matrix Games forums because I can not control my mouth and at times act like a complete ass.
tiredoftryingnames

Post by tiredoftryingnames »

The Heavy Bombers mentioned were the Do 17 and the Ju 89, the latter being the better aircraft. Both showed promise though and had prototypes built and only didn't go into production because General Walther Wever their supporter died in a plane crash. Albert Kesselring his replacement didn't see the use for heavy strategic bombers and the requirement for strategic bombers was cancelled. The Ju 89 prototypes were used as transports and some sources say were scrapped late in 1939 and others say used in Norway. BUT if the Germans had wanted to build heavy bombers they had two prototypes that they COULD have put into production, at great cost in manufacturing resources for other types. Early Blitzkrieg results showed they were better off with tactical bombers, but what if they had a force of heavy bombers for the Battle of Britain? If they had built them they wouldn't have had as many of the other tactical bombers that were key in the ground campaigns. So there is a trade off either way. Having the player decide what to build though isn't wrong as long as there is a cost.
mdh1204

Post by mdh1204 »

NOTE: if the system gave a production wheel unique to each region of the Axis player (with unique units, perhaps), then Italy would be able to build actual Infantry and Armor units. I still believe they should start the game with an additional 1 or 2 Infantry and 1 light armor unit.
AAGamer

Post by AAGamer »

Anyone updating this mod?
-AAGamer--Geshwader Adjutant
You too can have your own Pocket Sheep for $19.99 pm me.. I will send one out asap.
Dunckelzahn

RE: Campaign 1939 Version03

Post by Dunckelzahn »

I don't seem to be able to download this mod. Can you please fix the link so it is availabel again.

Thanks
Banedor

Post by Banedor »

Anyone have this mod hosted somewhere that I can download?

Thanks in advance.
JanSorensen

Post by JanSorensen »

I havent seen Sveint around for a while so I would not hold my breath. Maybe someone else still have the files to post though-
steevodeevo

Post by steevodeevo »

I would love this file or one like it - 37 (ideal) or 39 start would be cool
SteelMag14

Post by SteelMag14 »

yeah i would really like to know where to get this too.

seems to be no sites hosting mods for this game.
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

It's available in the "World at War" section of the frencspeaking site "Jeux de Guerre", in the donwload section.
Here's the page in question:
JeuxDeGuerre.com : World at War - Scénarios - Campagne 1939
And here is the direct donwload link:
ftp://ftp.jeuxdeguerre.com/games/World-at-War/Scenarios/campaign39v03.zip
Cheers!
Jan
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
mikwarleo

Post by mikwarleo »

Jan Masterson wrote:It's available in the "World at War" section of the frencspeaking site "Jeux de Guerre", in the donwload section.
Here's the page in question:
JeuxDeGuerre.com : World at War - Scénarios - Campagne 1939
And here is the direct donwload link:
ftp://ftp.jeuxdeguerre.com/games/World-at-War/Scenarios/campaign39v03.zip
Cheers!
Jan

I suggest that the link in the initial post be changed, save other people attempting to DL from the initial post and then having to scour through the whole thing to find the new link.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”