The 1939 Mod

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

BlueNightmare

The 1939 Mod

Post by BlueNightmare »

Hello,

Just bought Gary Grigsby's World at War and am enjoying it immensly, however I would like to play the War from the start ie: 1939, I have downloaded the mod, and installed it, but it does not show up in game, I have got the latest patch and please correct me if I am wrong, it is the v1202 one

Can anyone please help me as I'd love to start from the 1939

Many thanks

BlueNightmare [:)]
rjh1971

RE: The 1939 Mod

Post by rjh1971 »

I think you should have bought GGWAW A World Divided the sequel to WAW, in AWD you have several 1939's scenarios.

My recomendation is once you have learnt playing this one, purchase the second one all the action is with the second part, sorry to say.

A good mod for WAW is Francos Alliance by Jesse Lebatron, but iirc it doesn't have a '39 scenario.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
BlueNightmare

Post by BlueNightmare »

Ok thanks, thing is I could not get the sequel from Play.com, as they don't even have it listed anywhere [&:]

I'll never find it in stores either where I live, so will have to give it a miss, I could'nt buy it now even if I wanted to as I've spent too much on gmaes lately, so I'll have to wait, I do also have HoI2 Doomsday and I can play that from 1939, and before, but it is rather complex and tough for me to follow, but thanks anyway for your help [:)]

I was under the impression that the 39 mod here was for World at War as its in the World at War category, oh well never mind [:)]

Cheers

BlueNightmare [;)]
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

About the 1939 mod I did never install it myself so don't know what you might be doing wrong.
As to where to get A World Divided, once you have recovered yourself economically, you can either make a digital dowload or have it send it to you, I don't klnow if in the States it has reach the stores or not, here in Spain it hasn't that I know, haven't seen any spanish in the forum.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
BlueNightmare

Post by BlueNightmare »

Hi rjh1971,

Thanks, I don't know what was going on with that mod as all the files in the winrar were just txt files, perhaps that is all there should have been and it told me to extract to the dat folder, which I did but when I started the game it just showed the original campaigns, anyway I guess I need to forget about that and stick with the game as is [:)]

I am in the UK and only have the likes of Game and Virgin to look in and neither of those has it, nor Play.com, still I'll keep an eye out for when I am back on my feet money wise [:)]

Thanks for your help though

BlueNightmare [;)]

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”