questions on numbers meaning

Gary Grigsby's World At War gives you the chance to really run a world war. History is yours to write and things may turn out differently. The Western Allies may be conquered by Germany, or Japan may defeat China. With you at the controls, leading the fates of nations and alliances. Take command in this dynamic turn-based game and test strategies that long-past generals and world leaders could only dream of. Now anything is possible in this new strategic offering from Matrix Games and 2 by 3 Games.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Pocus

questions on numbers meaning

Post by Pocus »

Hello all,

First, I would like to express my gratitude toward the 2B3 team (and Matrix), for such a fine game. I'm currently into 2 PBEM with it and it is a great pleasure each time to open my turn (even when I will get Japan sunking my BB, but this is another story [:D] ).

I have read the manual and played many games, but some of the modifiers in AWD escape me, can someone enlighten me?

Here are the shots about a swordfish of mine attacking an uboot:

and

1. The UBoot has a defence of 6. So why it is indicated 2 in the green box?

2. What is the bombard evasion roll? I understand that the +2 I get is from sigint, doubled, so where goes this +2 for evasion roll?

3. And the most important, why I don't damage the u-boot? Because this is a bombardment and not a regular fight? Does it means airplanes are not efficient in sub hunting? It would sound ahistorical.

Another situation:

1. Limit adjustment. What is it that? Don't tell me it is the -1 to -3 bonus subs get when they are not of the phasing player and are attacked, because the german player WAS the phasing player, and took the chance to cross a sea where I had a plane on patrol, so he should not get this bonus. Unless I got a bug [;)]
AGEOD Team

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War”