Can Someone Explain Moving Factories?

Gary Grigsby's World At War gives you the chance to really run a world war. History is yours to write and things may turn out differently. The Western Allies may be conquered by Germany, or Japan may defeat China. With you at the controls, leading the fates of nations and alliances. Take command in this dynamic turn-based game and test strategies that long-past generals and world leaders could only dream of. Now anything is possible in this new strategic offering from Matrix Games and 2 by 3 Games.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Majere

Can Someone Explain Moving Factories?

Post by Majere »

Just wondering, is there any way of creating or moving a factory into a territory that has no factory, and then have the ability to create units other then supply and research?

It seems that each time i move a factory I lose the ability to produce units.

christian brown

RE: Can Someone Explain Moving Factories?

Post by christian brown »

Well, you need to have friendly population to build units when you rail a factory somewhere, in other words, you can not recruit West Germans for the US army or the occuppied Poles for Germany, c'est logique, no?
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson
Majere

Post by Majere »

I understand but it seems in Russia, if you move a factory back, you can no longer recruit units, even though you have railed it backwards into a friendly province. The production will only allow for Supplies and Research and you lose the ability to recruit troops
christian brown

Post by christian brown »

Aha, I understand you better: be careful to rail the factories to a region that has population points, otherwise, as you have noticed, you cannot re cruit people to form into units. Take Grozny (has pop) and the extreme northern territory (by Murmansk?) as examples, one has pop, one does not; so one can build units, the other can't. Check it out yourself to see what I mean (and best of luck!)
"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War”