Can BIE...

Introducing the FIRST game from Matrix Games for the Pocket PC and Palm OS!

Command Soviet, Axis, or Allied troops in 20 different scenarios ranging from the German Invasion of Poland (1939) to the Soviet Winter Offensive and their attack on Berlin (1945). Blitzkrieg: War in Europe 1939-1945 features 45 different units of land, sea, and air and all of the hex based tactics that would go along with it.
hbrsvl

Can BIE...

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi-I've bought & DLed the game. I'll put it on my new Palm later today. My question is: Can BIE be played on a Windows based PC?
Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
jvgfanatic

RE: Can BIE...

Post by jvgfanatic »

You'd need a Palm or Windows CE/Pocket PC emulator I believe. You cannot simply launch it...at least not in vanilla XP.

Turns out the Microsoft Windows CE emulator will not work in XP and the Palm Emulator only supports up to 4.x and the game apparently needs 5.0. These are official emulators, have not tried any others (if there are others). The Palm emulator does have a bigger download for larger support but I didn't go there as my drive is full enough already.

PS: Which Palm do you have and would you mind testing the France 1944 scenario by just launching it as the Allies and ending your turn? Mine crashes before the Germans finish doing their Turn 1 business [:@]
PlayTek

Post by PlayTek »

Please send the saved game (there is an autosave in the beginning and in the end of the turn) to support(at)playtek.pl and we will have a look the game file that causes problems and if necessary we will fix it. The games are in the main folder of the first memory card (this means the internal drive in case of Palm T5, TX, Lifedrive or memory card in the expansion slot). They have extension ".blitzkrieg".

Is your version 1.43?
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

File sent. Hopefully we can resolve this. It would be wonderful.

Return to “Blitzkrieg: War in Europe 1939-1945”