need help

Battleground Europe is the first volume in the Virtual Battlefield Series and features the armies, vehicles, weapons and equipment found on the battlefields of Western Europe 1939-1942.. Report for duty to the first-person, online action game where players choose to fight alongside and against thousands of other players on the battlefields of Western Europe.
DavidFaust

need help

Post by DavidFaust »

I bought this game when it 1st came out and had some problems getting it to work and never played it. I would like to give it another shot but do not remember my account name or any details. Could someone plz direct me to how to get a game going?

thx
hardcase

RE: need help

Post by hardcase »

Email Bloo@playnet.com Most likely it was deleted during the perge. D/l the game, do not update from the CD, and just create an account using the old cd key code. It should still be good.
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

thx, got my account info but it seems like i have used my free trial without logging onto the game.
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

I cant get into and play the game.
- i click icon the game created
-i click axis forces on homepage
-i click on the play now box
- this page just resets

how do i get the patches?

any idea as to what i need to do?

thx
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

i can not us the update server as it crashes
i downloaded the patch but have got a error message
offline demo dont work

ejs6263

Post by ejs6263 »

My suggestion is that you go to the dowload pages at www.wwiionline.com and download the latest complete build along with the latest PlayGATE server. The link is at the top of the page. Once you get there you can dwoload the latest complete build along with the PlayGATE server.

As for the crashing, you should provide some information regarding your system. The crashing could be driver-related, it could be result of an anti-virus or firewall program. A lot of possibilities there.

Finally, another route for addressing wwiionline-related problems is through the forum at wwiionline.com. They're pretty helpful.
DavidFaust

Post by DavidFaust »

I have already done what you have suggested.

I have found that when i installed the game from the box, the update server crashed.
The box version would not accept the update patch either.

After downloading the complete build along with playgate I have been able to get into the game but it crashes just as i join the battlefield

error message is...

microsoft visual c++ runtime libary
runtime error
program:playnet/crs/ww2ol/ww2.exe
abnormal program termination

I have since loaded this game on our 2nd computer and it has worked fine. The very large amount of time i have spent getting this game up has drained me to a extent that I dont feel up to playing it.

Return to “Battleground Europe: WWII Online”