Sound Problems

These new expansions from X1 Software add dynamic campaigns and nearly three thousand missions between them to your IL2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters. The incredible depth and replayability of these new add-ons will give you a very long lasting experience.
aphillips67

Sound Problems

Post by aphillips67 »

I installed all the add-ons, Banzai, Operation Barbarossa, Code Blue and The Last Days, and have lost all engine and gun fire sounds. I have the sound for when there is radio chatter but no engine noise, when I am firing my guns or when I am getting shot up. How do I fix this. Many thanks.
Erik Rutins

RE: Sound Problems

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi,

This is the first report I've seen of this. Can I ask you if you know at what point this problem occurred? In other words, can you try installing the expansions one at a time if you have not?

If it turns out to be an installer bug, I'm not sure we'll be able to figure out what might have happened as the installation utility that modifies IL2 was actually built by X1. However, you can e-mail them at steffen.trombke@x1software.com as well and see if they have any suggestions.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
aphillips67

Post by aphillips67 »

I got the sound working. I removed everything Pacific Fighters and IL-2 FB-AEP. I loaded Pacific Fighters and patched it to 304. Tested fine. Loaded Banzai and tested it. I worked fine. I did this for IL-2 FB-AEP, Code Blue, Operation Barbarossa, and the Last Days and tested each one after installation with no problems. The only thing I can think of is that I removed Combat over Europe and didn't install it back on. My thinking is a conflict with Combat over Europe and one of the add ons. Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

IL-2 has some issues with sound

I remember that my sound went out also, after one of the patches came out

go into the options and make some changes to the sound and see if any of them kick it back on again

(in fact, if I remember right, once I got the sound working right, I was able to just reset the sound to what it was suppost to be and it started working again)

let me know if that helps or not, if not, I will look around and see how I got mine to work

Return to “Banzai!, Case Blue, The Last Days IL2 Expansion Packs”