Major Offseason Financial Bug

This forum is for feedback on any Public Beta updates. Feedback and issues related to official releases should go in the Support forum. All Beta version feedback and issues should go here.

Moderator: puresimmer

Woodruff

Major Offseason Financial Bug

Post by Woodruff »

Shaun,

Using 1.24 here.

At the end of the season, I proceeding through fine up to the FREE AGENCY section of the off-season.

During my free agency signings, I got within 23,000 of my roster cap.

Unfortunately, I only had 55 players on my team at that point (70-player roster).

So, I tried to go ahead and cut one of the guys I just signed (knowing I would still have to pay him most of his salary!), so that I could sign the other 15 guys.

But the game won't let me cut anyone because "I cannot afford to cut this player and sign another to fill out my roster".

So I'm stuck...cannot proceed with my career league. I can't sign the players to make the 70-man roster and I can't cut anyone so that I can sign some $50,000 guys.

So clearly, there are two bug issues here:

1) The game doesn't properly guage whether I can afford players in free agency (It should check to make sure I'll have "50,000 x empty-player-slots" worth of dollars left if I sign a guy...otherwise it should tell me I can't.

2) I should be able to cut a high-salary guy in order to sign a bunch of $50,000 guys. It seems that the game isn't figuring that out properly.

SpharV2

RE: Major Offseason Financial Bug

Post by SpharV2 »

I had an issue like this, except that I was somehow $200,000 in the hole and couldn't do anything. The only way I could continue was to edit one high priced player's contract to put me back under the cap, then I released him (Just figuring it would kind of be cheating to keep him after I slashed his pay by a ton) and signed scrubs to fill out my roster. Not really a solution, but something you can use to continue.
"I started out this morning with the determination to be a hell of a man. I've been a hell of a fellow long enough. If anybody else wants to be a hell of a fellow, I've no objections. But it's too damned risky."-Lt. Nicholas Day-Seige of Port Hudson
kurtie

Post by kurtie »

I believe you still have to pay the player you cut, which is why you won't have actually
free'd up any money...

Kurt
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

I am obligated to pay only 75% of his salary (at least, according to the software).
verizon32

Post by verizon32 »

ORIGINAL: Woodruff

I am obligated to pay only 75% of his salary (at least, according to the software).

That for the current year of his contracted because it prorated for games already played.

But you are still responsible for the rest of the contract year's salaries too after the first year.

Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Incorrect. At least according to the software, if I cut a player before the season has started, at the end of the season, or at any point in between, it tells me I am obligated for 75% of his contract for the remainder of the years on his contract.

Return to “Public Beta Feedback”