Fading Away

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

KG Erwin

Fading Away

Post by KG Erwin »

Well, my friends, it isn't the first time that the community has migrated. I'm splitting time between Wolverine and here, but it is inevitable that this forum will turn into a ghost town.

I've had a good time here, but the times they are a-changin'. I hope we will be able to keep this one archived, as there some great posts contained in here.

Thanks, guys, and I'll see ya at the ballpark. [&o]
Wrathchild

RE: Fading Away

Post by Wrathchild »

I still have copies of some of the posts in here, which I have used as a reference to try to become a better manager for my team. I've learned a lot about baseball in general just by reading these forums and locker room reports, and hope that there is still more for me to learn!
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
motnahp

Post by motnahp »

Yes indeed, it is kinda sad. These posts prompted me to re-read some of my old ones, such as the following from a 1979 Oakland A's replay:

John Henry Johnson, now working out of the bullpen, made his first relief appearance of the season. He pitched to one batter and struck him out on 3 pitches. Why is this notable?

Following the game, Johnson's name on the Roster screen had disappeared. His text actually had turned white and he was barely visible, unless his box was highlighted. This is a fix for Shaun, but this little buggie brought something cute along with it. When viewing Johnson's player card, he is shown to be at 111%. I'm left to guess at what this means, since there is no adjective preceding the 111%. If 100% is "Feeling Great", what is 111%? "Absolutely Fantastic"? "At His Absolute Best"? "Above and Beyond"? "Better Than Ever"? Hmmmm......maybe steroids have been introduced into the program. Shaun, are you doing something we need to know about?

< Message edited by motnahp -- 1/22/2008 4:53:02 AM >
"Better to sleep with old hen than pullet" - Redd Foxx
Hacko

Post by Hacko »

I'm a newcomer here and wanted to thank you guys for all the help I have gotten here since I started playing this game. You guys are a good bunch of regulars who go out of their way to help us noobs with the game, again I say thanks.[:)] Thanks to the mod makers too who have made this game great. (padresfan104 is one I know that I want to thank, his site is great for this game.)

As for the other board, hopefully they get more traffic on there, it's pretty dead over there on a regular basis. I bought the Total Pro Golf 2 game about a month ago form Wolverine, and needed a question answered, but the game and forum is dead over there, so I have yet to get an answer. Hopefully there is more traffic to the Puresim part of that board.
dneely

Post by dneely »

Right now I'm just sad after all the recent activity.....

My best to everyone who has been so nice and helpful over the years!
DNeely

PureSim Vet
akcranker

Post by akcranker »

I've also migrated with each new location we goto and as always I'm worried that some of the very very informative posts get lost in the move.&nbsp; Like the XML thread that explained everything there is to know about changing stuff in that.&nbsp; That thread was amazing as other threads that we have all contributed to that should be part of a manual LOL

So I will see you all on the wolverine forums.&nbsp; I'm already there because I've owned TPB, DDSPB1, TPG2, DDSCB & MWR.&nbsp; So I'm already a huge supporter of that company and I've always supported Shaun.

I hope the community can continue to thrive there and I of course say thanks to all who I've gotten to know over the years that have stuck with the game and Shaun for all these years.

Return to “PureSim Baseball”