Hack's Plays v3.4.5 released

A section for those creating 3rd party tools and add ons. Lots of techincal code creation type questions would go here.

Moderator: David Winter

hack153

Hack's Plays v3.4.5 released

Post by hack153 »

it's available on fbmax.com under unsorted

this release is an edit of the Coach Wilson playbook. again, this is a run heavy playbook that uses the HB, FB, adn QB to run the rock.

the DEF & ST plays are named after DEF & ST Coordinators. this way, in the future, you can mix and match and it appears more realistic. this is going to be the standard for the next release.

there are 2 new empty playbook templates. the templates have also been renamed after the version it was released in.

There are now 7 coaches and multiple empty playbook templates available.

my next release, v3.5 will be my last release of a new playbook (Moyer) for a while. any releases after that will be edits only. i need to work on my solo league which consists of 8 teams (thus i will have made 8 playbooks)

again, thanks to all that use my playbooks and provide me with feedback.
UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League
bbmike

RE: Hack's Plays v3.4.5 released

Post by bbmike »

Cool. Thanks, Hack.
redwolf1

Post by redwolf1 »

Hack, you've played a large part in saving this game for me - a sincere thank you.

DreamTeams

Post by DreamTeams »

Nice job, Hack. Wilson looks good.
Terryt33

Post by Terryt33 »

Hey Hack,
I just had to write and tell you how much I have enjoyed your playbooks, especially this last one.  While playing a game last night, I saw one of the best pc football simulation plays I think I had ever seen.  I was so wowed by it I had to write and tell you just how amazingly close to watching a real football game it was.  OK, here's the situation, it's first and ten, I'm on offense (coaching mode) just outside of the red zone (about the 25).  I called a HB OT play from the strong I right formation, the defense was in a 43.  At the snap the quaterback opens out and hands off to the HB, who is following the FB.  The defense has the lineman rushing outside shoulder of the blocker in front of them, which makes a nice hole for the MLB to blitz, which he does.  Here is the only cavet in the play, and it may not be if the MLB had a 'key on QB command'.  When the MLB rushed, the QB handed the ball off, but the MLB continued towards the QB instead of flattening out and trailing the HB.  If he had a 'key on' command after blitz, then both plays were perfect.  After this point, things got really cool:

The RG missed the looping LDT who rushed in towards the HB.  Since the LDT was in the gap where the hole was supposed to be, the HB slid to the outside.  The TE picked up the looping LDE, which freed up the ROT to, get this, actually go downfield and make a block.  He didn't get caught up in anything like you see with a lot of football games, he actually looked for a player downfield (just like in real football) and actually picked up the ROLB.  So now you have this nice little hole openning to the outside with the TE sealing the DE and downfield blocks by the OT on the OLB and the WR on a CB.  But the best part is yet to come.  The HB hits the hole and runs down field.  The SS comes up to make the play, but wait... remember the FB?  He didn't get caught up and run into any of the other down field blocks, and actually takes on the SS, 18 yards down field!  The FS finally comes over and stops my HB at the 1 yard line.  I was so amazed by this that I promptly called four running plays (yes from the one yard line) and was shut down each time (which also says something for how good your goal line defensive plays are).  Anyway, I think for all the fuss about what this game can't supposedly do, people should just download your playbooks and really enjoy some pretty realistic stuff.  Thanks again.
DreamTeams

Post by DreamTeams »

Agreed. Hacks plays are excellent and I've seen some great contests using his playbooks, as well. That was a great read Terryt33. Thanks for sharing.
hack153

Post by hack153 »

thanks terryt33.  it's great to hear that things are working as designed. 

it's true that Coach Wilson's playbook has rushing LBs that "key on" "QB" (this is the only playbook like this).  it is something new that i tried.  however, the LB should go after the ball if someone else has it.

Terryt33

Post by Terryt33 »

Actually Hack, after the QB handed off to the HB, the MLB took like a step or two towards the QB, then did actually chase the HB (though by that time he was about 4 yards downfield). That's why I suspected that he had a 'key on QB' command. So the plays worked perfectly as designed. It was a USFL pro style league, and I have been getting amazingly good results with your playbooks. Thanks again for the work you do.

And Dream, not to slight you in any way, because I also have a college league, and it's run exclusively off your spread playbook (modified with a 43 defense). I have been getting great results with that as well, so thank you also for your work!

I guess while I'm at it I should thank Gary for the stadiums, redwolf and mykal for uniforms, footballs, and constants files (oh and the player cards and shoes)...and Simmer for the NCAA stuff, and local6 and Tbird, oh and leeman for the USFL league file, and last but certainly not least, JD for his awesome editor!!!
hack153

Post by hack153 »

if anyone needs my latest version (v3.4.5), i can e-mail it to you since fbmax.com appears to be down. 

i should have v3.5.0 out in the next month or so.  i am fixing the line-up problems by re-creating all defensive plays.  i am also editing all playbooks to meet 3.4.5 standard in regards to 2 minutes drills.

in regards to the AI group play selections.  i have discovered that if you coach/play one of the teams, the AI selects the correct play for the CPU.  this is why i am coaching all home teams in my solo league.

it's slow going because i am also playing my solo league while making the adjustments. 
simmer

Post by simmer »

Hack can you release it to Mykal's site. Many members are there now.
hack153

Post by hack153 »

i sure can...if he'll allow it! [:D][:D][:D]
DreamTeams

Post by DreamTeams »

ORIGINAL: hack153

i should have v3.5.0 out in the next month or so.  i am fixing the line-up problems by re-creating all defensive plays.  i am also editing all playbooks to meet 3.4.5 standard in regards to 2 minutes drills.

in regards to the AI group play selections.  i have discovered that if you coach/play one of the teams, the AI selects the correct play for the CPU.  this is why i am coaching all home teams in my solo league.

it's slow going because i am also playing my solo league while making the adjustments. 

Yaaay! Can't wait. Looking forward to your next release.

Return to “3rd Party Developers Area”