Logo Question

Questions regarding the creation of custom graphics (uniforms and stadium art).

Moderator: David Winter

Ben_Dakota

Logo Question

Post by Ben_Dakota »

Hey all,

My name's Ben, and I'm a proud new user of Maximum Football, and I'm just starting to get my footings in the game. I'm going to see if I can work with Paint Shop Pro to do some team customization, but I have two questions about logos (images to go on the helmets):

1. What file type should I save them as to be able to import them into Paint Shop Pro (JPG? BMP? PNG?)? I haven't downloaded the free trial of PSP yet, but I wanted to get the logos squared away before I did so that I wouldn't have to waste any time.

2. What are the dimensions of the helmet image? I don't want to make the logos too big or too small, and if I knew how big the image that wraps around the helmet is I could better adjust the size.

Thanks in advance for your help!
simmer

RE: Logo Question

Post by simmer »

BMP. you just have to experiment. Use the player exe. created by David Winter to look at your helmet. size 512x526 pixels
DONMVP

Post by DONMVP »

like zimmer said , bmp for logo . I always have to use the player exe. to check how my logos look. I`ve made over 300 uniforms and i find theres no exact size for each logo . Also if you put patches on uniforms its also a hit and miss.
DONMVP
bassman58

Post by bassman58 »

I made a tutorial using PSP for creating uniforms. Go to www.fbmax.com and look in the utilities section. I also made NFL uniforms for all of the teams. I made uniforms from @1960 to 2007. There are also helmet templates. Check out the rest of the site plus the unsorted section, there's a ton of stuff.
Ben_Dakota

Post by Ben_Dakota »

Thanks everyone for your help!

I knew that there wouldn't be one size for each logo (of course some would be bigger than others). I just wanted to know the size of the image used to make the helmet so that I wouldn't spend time making a 2000-pixel logo when it was unnecessary.

Is 512x526 the size of the whole helmet image - both sides put together, like in the tutorial? It would seem to me that the image looks more rectangular than that.
Argyle1968

Post by Argyle1968 »

As a relatively new user myself, let me add this piece of advice for helmets.

Remember that the texture mapping of the game software will distort the logo when it is applied to the helmet, by 25% in the "vertical" direction, so if you ultimately decide that a 100x100 pixel logo pasted onto your helmet would look perfect, you need to subtract 20% from the vertical height, and make your logo 100X80.  It might look squashed when you paste it on the helmet BMP, but in the player.exe viewer, you'll be able to see that it looks normal.  I'm not sure that's terribly coherent, but if you play around with it enough, you'll learn for yourself.

Mykal

Post by Mykal »

that would actually be 100x70
the distortion is closer to 30% than 20%

Return to “Graphics Related”