PDS scrolling

Questions, comments, suggestions regarding the use of the PDS to create and modify plays and formations for Maximum-Football

Moderator: David Winter

mudrick

PDS scrolling

Post by mudrick »

I have a minor problem in the editor. Since there are a lot of plays it is very difficult to get the mouse over that little sliver of a scroll bar. It takes me all day to get to the bottom.[:(] Is there a quick way to scroll down in the editor?
hack153

RE: PDS scrolling

Post by hack153 »

no. no there is not. welcome to my world. thus it will take me 6 months total time to release v4.0. should be well worth the wait.
UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League
killershrew

Post by killershrew »

i havent played around with pds much but what i did was temporarely remove all hacks plays except the templates...
hack153

Post by hack153 »

that would work...
mudrick

Post by mudrick »

LOL, unfortunetly it was hack plays I was looking at.[:)]
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

I reported this issue several times, but it was not considered a bug.  I disagreed with that conclusion, as it makes the PDS difficult to use with slower machines.

What is your graphics card?  How much memory does your computer have?  How much memory does your graphics card have?

On a side note, the inability to rename formations is also a big problem when creating playbooks. 
mudrick

Post by mudrick »

I'm not sure PC speed has anything to do with it. The size of the actual scroll bar is a direct result of how many plays you have. So if you have a lot of plays, the bar is very thin. It's hard to grab the bar with the mouse. It usually slips off. But on occasion I hit the right spot and easily drag down. But God forbid I need to go back up......It's just a very painstaking process just to load a play.
hack153

Post by hack153 »

PDS scrolling and play uploading is killing my time in creating plays / playbooks. it takes my CPU 19 seconds to load the PDS scroll with plays when switching from offensive to defensive.

forgot my CPU stats, but its not a 586. ;)
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

ORIGINAL: hack153

PDS scrolling and play uploading is killing my time in creating plays / playbooks. it takes my CPU 19 seconds to load the PDS scroll with plays when switching from offensive to defensive.

From looking at the posts in the beta thread, I was getting 13 seconds to be able to have the plays loaded, but I also had mouse lag.

David and Gary each had playbooks that took about 2 seconds to load and had no mouse lag on faster machines. I suspect my playbook file had more plays than their files did, and memory could have been a factor.
hack153

Post by hack153 »

minimal plays is my guess.
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

ORIGINAL: hack153

minimal plays is my guess.

For David, but Gary had more plays.

It is too bad you didn't bring this up when I did. Perhaps it could have been looked at. Perhaps not, but I was often the only one reporting these kinds of things.
simmer

Post by simmer »

How do we unlock the main data file, to se if we can edit this thing?
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

ORIGINAL: simmer

How do we unlock the main data file, to se if we can edit this thing?

The main data file or the MFB-main.exe file?
simmer

Post by simmer »

Sorry, The main file that stores all the game information, I think that I heard that David had it under a special code?
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

ORIGINAL: simmer

Sorry, The main file that stores all the game information, I think that I heard that David had it under a special code?

It is not really in special code, it is just that it is compiled in VB (VisualBasic). There really isn't a good VB decompiler available that would allow the code to be decompiled and then recompiled again.

Return to “Play Development System (PDS)”