System "flipping routes" during game play

Questions, comments, suggestions regarding the use of the PDS to create and modify plays and formations for Maximum-Football

Moderator: David Winter

claybroz

System "flipping routes" during game play

Post by claybroz »

I've created a couple of plays, all running to the left, to test my PDS skills. When I test during the game, once in a blue moon, the play will run to the opposite side? Does the system automatically "flip" plays? If so, it doesn't seem to do this very often.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to create a second "mirror play" to run to both sides or will the system do this for me. Does anyone know if Max Football does this?
Marauders

RE: System "flipping routes" during game play

Post by Marauders »

When I test during the game, once in a blue moon, the play will run to the opposite side? Does the system automatically "flip" plays? If so, it doesn't seem to do this very often.

The Computer player will automatically flip plays from time to time.  If you are controlling the coach, you can flip plays by pressing the "3" key on the keyboard.

I'm trying to figure out if I need to create a second "mirror play" to run to both sides or will the system do this for me.

For basic runs, like a dive between the center and guard, or for basic pass plays with simple routes, there is no need to create mirror plays to the other side.  You can just flip the play during play selection.  If you create detailed traps, power runs, sweeps, waggle passes, or screens with pulling linemen, it is a good idea to create different plays for each side because the offensive linemen will not mirror properly.

Return to “Play Development System (PDS)”