Windows 8 Support?

Post bug reports, ask for tech support and general requests for help with getting Maximum-Football working in this forum. This is for official support on official versions. Reports based on public beta versions should go in the Public Beta forum.

Moderator: David Winter

Moose6619

Windows 8 Support?

Post by Moose6619 »

Does Maximum Football work for Windows 8? I'm trying to play, I get the initial screen, but black out right after the intro screen. Any ideas?
Brockleigh

RE: Windows 8 Support?

Post by Brockleigh »

The best thing option for any operation system after XP is to install the game on something other than the C: drive. If you have a second drive on your PC or an external drive, put it on that and give it a go. It seems to have solved the "New OS" issues most people have come across.

Other than that, I'm still running Vista, so I have no other suggestions.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

DarcyD

Post by DarcyD »

I tried running Maximum Football on Windows 8 as well, and ran into the same issue as Moose.
I changed the compatibility mode to no avail....
The initial Matrix Games start up screen runs with no issues, however when the game starts there is just a black screen.

If anyone has any ideas how to overcome this......I would give them a laurel and hardy handshake!

And Dennnnnnnnnnn.........
Brockleigh

Post by Brockleigh »

Try running the game in window mode.

Just create a .txt file and drop it in the Maximum Football folder, called windowmode.txt

Don't write anything in the file.

This will pop the game into a window instead of full-screen. Resolution on this is locked to 800x600.

Let me know if you have any success with this.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

darrellb1976

Post by darrellb1976 »

Creating the windowmode.txt file worked great for me. Thanks for the suggestion!
fmac44

Post by fmac44 »

I am trying to run the game in Windows 10. I followed everything you said to do for Windows 8. Does not work, get a black screen and a blank pop up window. Someone please help me?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8)
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one of them which was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on you pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as our updates are comprehensive.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
alexileboucher

Post by alexileboucher »

I use Windows 8.1 and it's working with Windows XP compatibility mode but sometimes it crashes, I don't know why.
Hello games hum guys !
sgtfedora

Post by sgtfedora »

i recently bought this game and have the same problem. i can't even play the game. now its doing the activeX thing now.

i don't want to be discouraged that i payed money for a seven year old game that should still work on modern systems like wins 10. there is not even a customizable american football game like this one.

Somebody, please help
sgtfedora

Post by sgtfedora »

Dead forum and community. huh? well...
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i'm doing some testing on all these atm, so will be posting windows 10 feedback on all the older games, so will be able to say and show if and how they can be made to work, if at all, so stay tuned
sgtfedora

Post by sgtfedora »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

i'm doing some testing on all these atm, so will be posting windows 10 feedback on all the older games, so will be able to say and show if and how they can be made to work, if at all, so stay tuned

Okay thanks, zakblood. i hope you get maximum football to work too.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i'm trying all the games in the site, so in the end will have a solution or answer if they do or don't work hopefully[;)]
GMO

Post by GMO »

I have windows 10 and using windowmode.txt worked. Thanks.
I have Max FB installed on D drive (not my main C drive).
So far everything is working ok.
GMO
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

thanks for the information and update GMO and confirming it works

Return to “Maximum-Football Support”