Old gang still around?

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

garysorrell

Old gang still around?

Post by garysorrell »

Just curious if any of the old gang is still lurking/playing?
Amazingly, I still play/tinker, and have tried the newer Canadian Football game and
also Axis Football, but still find MaxFB enjoyable, quirks and all.

Also, like to know if anyone has any of my old stadiums. I have most of my 50yrd
stadiums, but lost the disk with all my bigger ones.

Gary
MSO594

RE: Old gang still around?

Post by MSO594 »

Im still around Gary
I used to be MSO94 or Michael Scott depending on what forums you were on.

I was in your league as the Detroit Speed. also in the PIFL as New York Marauders.

Im tryng to get back into the game. I know we had a file that would make the indoor games higher scoring. do you have that info ?
feel free to contact me any time . I will message you with the email.
Tullius

Post by Tullius »

I am still here but mostly because Command Modern Air/ Naval Operations. My tools are available until 6/30/2018. Maximum Football 3.0 will be published by David Winter in the summer.
I can run MaxFB not more on my own PC so i will close this chapter.
local8h

Post by local8h »

Hi Guys,
I still have Maximum Football on my Windows 10 PC with some help with 3rd party utilities. Just incase if you guys are not aware but I posted a tutorial on running Maximum Football 2.0 on Windows 10 window-mode but in Full screen at this link tm.asp?m=4316985

Hi Gary, I still have some of your Stadiums, I will sort them out when i get a chance (got suddenly busy) and google drive them.

Brockleigh

Post by Brockleigh »

local8h

I haven't tried putting it on my Windows 10 PC, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I might come to you for assistance, though.

On any newer PC I've had, I haven't had any success in getting maximum Football to run unless there was a second hard drive on there. I have a really old netbook running XP that can just barely run the game if I turn off shadows and replay, and have it windowed, then I can mostly get it to run over 20 FPS.

Even with it's quirks, it's still a lot of fun to play. So if I can get it to run on my new laptop, I might just forget a bunch of the other games out there.

I would love to bring back my London Wolves.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

BigSmooth

Post by BigSmooth »

BigSmooth

Post by BigSmooth »

Yep...

Still playing the game. In the process of finalizing the Doomsday Football League which is a conglomeration of the failed football leagues of the 21st Century.

Some of the teams have been tweaked to protect the innocent as indicated below.

XFL 2001 - Birmingham Bolts, Orlando Rage,San Francisco Demons (tweaked helmet logo), Chicago Enforcers, Los Angeles Xtreme and moved the Hitmen exclusively to New Jersey.

UFL - Hartford Colonials, Las Vegas Locomotives, Omaha Nighthawks, Sacramento Mountain Lions (tweaked helmet logo) and the Virginia Destroyers.

AAFL - Atlanta Legends, Memphis Express, San Antonio Commanders, San Diego Fleet, Arizona Hotshots and major tweaks to the Salt Lake City Stallions helmet and uniforms just because I did not like what they had.

XFL 2020 - Dallas Renegades, DC Defenders, Houston Roughnecks, New York Guardians, Seattle Dragons, St. Louis Battlehawks (included just because they have wings on their helmets) and the Tampa Bay Vipers.

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”