Those were two cool games(somewhat)

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

CheddarLover74

Those were two cool games(somewhat)

Post by CheddarLover74 »

I got bored trying to create and run a college league so i took the playbooks from MaxMykal and created a world league in a pro setting.

I thought the game had broken itself as Poland and Mexico played the first game(are Poles even into American Football?)and by the end of the 1st quarter Poland was winning 28-21 with their QB having thrown 4 passes and completed all 4 for 40+ yard touchdowns and having only 48 seconds of possesion

The final score ended up being Mexico 52-Poland 49...with both QB's throwing for over 400 yards and 7 TDS..So I started the next game which was France against the Western US team with the mindset that if it was another 14 TD performance then i'm done with the game.

It ended up being 17-6 France.

I got a laugh out of the fact that in the Poland Mexico Game that Polands best reciever had a Spanish/Italian name and Mexicos QB had a Polish name.and in the French/US game the US quarterback clearly had French name and the French Quarterback was American.

C'est la vie?
CheddarLover74

RE: Those were two cool games(somewhat)

Post by CheddarLover74 »

The League has been working pretty well..Some tough defensive games,some shootouts,and some back and forths.There is enough change ups in individual games,scorewise,to match any football league.Except for two things.

The run game is atrocious and there is way too much passing.I think the one ties into the other,but even here there is some variety.Most teams are running the ball between 20-30 times a game and only gaining from 20-40 yds while passing the ball 40-60 times for betwwen 300 and 500 yards.Just too many runs are being stopped for a loss or no gain leading to the computer going pass happy on 2nd and 3rd downs.My major problem with that is that it really draws each game out.I try to let play out each game as the difference between the simulated and played game is like night and day statistics wise.The same could be said for every football game though that i have played.So either i play out each game,very time consuming,or sim each one which defeats the purpose of having the game.

One exception to the horrible running is my German team.out of 4 games they have twice run for more yards than they passed one time having 167 yds rushing to 145 passing and another having around 146 yards rushing to 143 passing.One game they passed for about 250 yards and ran for 120 and another their run game was completely shut down,gaining the league average of around 40 yards,and they ended up losing.That is something i like their games have been varied,and fast moving.

Now i don't want to see every team running for more yardage than they pass,but at the same time it would be nice if 2/3rds of the running plays for most teams would not result in either a 3 yd loss or no gain.Besides being spared a leauge average of between 0.7-2.0 yards a rush for running backs the game would also play out faster.I guess that part of it is that the LBs are also almost supernaturally fast in getting to the corners to cut down a runner.

Though in the reverse,once again using the custom plays and coaches,some teams have a definite passing mentality.So they are pass happy not because they can't run but that they prefer to pass.

I went into this league with the attitude that i was not going to expect NFL type results and with that in mind having given the game a second chance i'm pleased for the most part.Also with that in mind i can't say i'm anymore displeased or happy with it than any game i've played that represents the real NFL.All of those games had problems in different aspects of on field play or in sim versus played games.

I'm glad i gave the game a second shot.
Mykal

RE: Those were two cool games(somewhat)

Post by Mykal »

the running game can be drastically changed for the better with some tweaks to both the constants file and the player skill attributes in the Database

for more information visit the MaxMykal Forum

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”