Building a Colonizer

Pandora: First Contact is a science-fiction turn-based strategy game of epic scale. The player leads his chosen human faction over multiple centuries on a newly discovered earth-like planet into an unknown future. Pandora features research, diplomacy, economy, warfare and endless replayability with the exploration of exciting and randomly-generated worlds.

Moderator: MOD_Proxy Studios

gpcook

Building a Colonizer

Post by gpcook »

Am I crazy or what? I don't see a selection to build a Colonizer. Do I need to research something first? I'm 4 years into the game and need to expand.
JosephM

RE: Building a Colonizer

Post by JosephM »

Hello GPCook,

I have just started a game and deployed my first city. In the production menu, I was able to build colonizers straight away. They are at the top of the unit production list on the right hand side of the production menu. Please see the attached screenshot to illustrate this.

Kind Regards

Joe
Attachments
Pandora000.jpg
Pandora000.jpg (409.06 KiB) Viewed 411 times
gpcook

Post by gpcook »

Thanks Joseph. I think in figuring out stuff and tinkering with things that I probably deleted the Colonizer. I recreated it and all is ok.

Gary
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Just got game I'd like an update on this question. I'm having trouble figuring how to get Colnizers too.

Yes they are at the top for a little while but go away quickly. Later in game after obtaining a growth/expansion tech I also got them for awhile but they went away again.

[&:]How can you get them otherwise? It seems very odd that you can't build colonizers whenever you want like in Civ games. Also frustrating is to see the AI build a lot of cities while you have no access to colonizers. Ho does the AI mange to get them, I'd like that ability as well!

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
gpcook

Post by gpcook »

Yogi... click on "WORKSHOP", then select "NEW" button, and select "Colonizer" from the CLASS option. Click OK and the Colonizer will be back.
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

[&o]Thank You Very Much!

Too late for me on my first time through (may have won by now if I could have expanded) but it will certainly be helpful in the future. I figured there had to be a way but just couldn't see it.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

Return to “Pandora Series”