What do we want in future releases?

Games Workshop’s “Battle for Armageddon” setting in a series of amazing multiplatform, turn-based, hex-based games. Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon will make full use of Slitherine's expertise in creating compelling and challenging strategy gaming experiences. The initial game is set during the Second War of Armageddon and players will lead the Imperial forces of the Armageddon Steel Legion and Space Marines®from the Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Salamanders Chapters against Ghazghkull Thraka’s massive Ork Waaagh! invasion through over 30 scenarios, on the hostile terrain of the planet and its gigantic Hive Cities.
Kuokkanen

What do we want in future releases?

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

this was just the first game within a series.
Let's collect here everything we want to see in future games on the series.

I've bought the game, I have played some scenarios, and I have enjoyed the ride more than I did Panzer Corps Grand Campaigns. So I can say you have made improvements over that. However, I strongly feel game needs more. I have played well over 10 scenarios and variety of Sentinel walkers is still limited to 2. I'd love to have more variety there: Sentinels with Multi-laser, Rocket Launcher, and Autocannon please. In tabletop game, Chimera and Razorback are practically infantry fighting vehicles. But as game stands now, Chimera with its decent armament is useless in combat when infantry are dismounted and Razorback and Land Raider don't carry infantry at all. Simple solution would be to make transport units separate entities as they are in Battle Isle series and in Advanced Strategic Command. Would this change be too much to ask? Ork Trukk is open-topped vehicle so passengers can shoot while mounted. Trukk itself has Big Shoota (or 2 of them), and if it has Tank Busta mob as passengers... I guess that'd be serious headache for coders to overcome, but I've got simple solution that can be implemented right now: make Trukk & Tank Busta passengers self-contained unit that is armed with 1 Big Shoota and 7 Rokkit Launcha (I got number from miniature model box) and call unit Tank Busta Mechanized or something like it.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
JosephM

RE: What do we want in future releases?

Post by JosephM »

Hello Matti,

I think that the Walker aspect has been brought up before in the forum post below:
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=235&t=55726

However the Matrix Warhammer forum is not especially active, whereas the Slitherine forum below is much more active. It may be worth reposting the post in that forum.
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=235

One other thing I think you would want to look at is the forum post below. This is regarding a beta test team for upcoming content, and although we already have a great deal planned we always appreciate further feedback so by all means post ideas and wishes in the main forum:
http://slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=55509
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

1st War for Armageddon ... Chaos as the enemy ....

Looking at the recent announcements - looks like several more expansions where the Orks are the antagonists?

Personally, I find them hokey and cliché ...

But even so ... lots of folks like them - so the initial release is understandable - I just hope it's not milked to death ...

Chaos on the other hand - has a lot more mature fiction behind it ... and some fascinating units / capabilities ....

Worth a bullet point hopefully at Slitherine's next meeting with GW ....
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
gsol69

Post by gsol69 »

I like this game a lot, but how about letting the player choose which units should get reinforcements between scenarios instead of the game automatically deciding what units should be replentished? A major strategic element in controlling the army one spends so much effort in developing is being taken out of the players hands. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to control this?
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: DonCzirr

Looking at the recent announcements - looks like several more expansions where the Orks are the antagonists?

A very belated '+1'. Is there some sort of contractual limitation to introducing and using other races? The expansions might be rather more appealing buys if they weren't just Orks, Orks and more Orks. I don't give a rats ass whether others fit in with the 'lore' or not and I doubt by this time anybody else does either.
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

ORIGINAL: Hertston
ORIGINAL: DonCzirr

A very belated '+1'. Is there some sort of contractual limitation to introducing and using other races? The expansions might be rather more appealing buys if they weren't just Orks, Orks and more Orks. I don't give a rats ass whether others fit in with the 'lore' or not and I doubt by this time anybody else does either.

With GW IP there are always oodles of limitations. [:)]

I think (by the current agreement) they can do Chaos from the 1st War as well - but I also think they have a release plan that milks the Green Skinned Cow several times before moving on to Chaos ...

I did not buy Ork Hunters and will not buy the new module due to them adding to the Ork samey-ness rut ...

Imperial credits will flow once again when Chaos emerges from the Slitherine marketing Warp
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”