Camera Control

Star Sentinel Tactics is a turn-based tactical game that puts you in command of a squad of elite United Alliance marines - the Star Sentinels - as they battle to stop a race of bloodthirsty reptilians launching a devastating attack on our Galaxy! Along the way you'll have to use sharp thinking and effective tactics as you encounter giant mechs, rotting zombies, mutants and a host of other foes - all intent on your destruction!
Stilletto

Camera Control

Post by Stilletto »

Greetings!

So far so good. I would like to see if I can mod the camera control so it moves around more freely and lets me depress it more. Is that possible?

Thanks!
When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

"Ms. Betty has sharp thorns, but underneath is a delicate flower." -ltfightr
PhilSST

RE: Camera Control

Post by PhilSST »

Not currently. I'll make a note for future patches. When you say depress it more, do you mean that you'd like it to zoom in closer?
Stilletto

Post by Stilletto »

That would be nice, too, but what I really want is when using the right mouse button to be able to get down parallel with the ground so I can a "troops eye" view. Right now it stops at about 45 degrees or so and doesn't let me depress it any more. I can still zoom in but I want to see what my troops are seeing to get a better feel for what is going on. Ever play Silent Storm? There was an ability to change the artificial limit for the camera to get right down with the troops so you could see what they saw at their level.

I hope I explained that right. If not I'll provide some screenshots of something.

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

"Ms. Betty has sharp thorns, but underneath is a delicate flower." -ltfightr
PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

Ah yes, I see what you mean. That might be trickier. I do some pretty major shadow optimizations by not allowing the camera to go beyond 45 degrees. If I allowed that to happen, it would break the optimizations and the shadows would get pretty ugly.
noname

Post by noname »

so, who cares about shadows? Most games I turn them off if possible to optimize performance.

Return to “Star Sentinel Tactics”