Wait for the demo

Star Sentinel Tactics is a turn-based tactical game that puts you in command of a squad of elite United Alliance marines - the Star Sentinels - as they battle to stop a race of bloodthirsty reptilians launching a devastating attack on our Galaxy! Along the way you'll have to use sharp thinking and effective tactics as you encounter giant mechs, rotting zombies, mutants and a host of other foes - all intent on your destruction!
Rosseau

Wait for the demo

Post by Rosseau »

I see this is Version 1.0, like the Impulse version I bought. I strongly advise waiting for the demo. I will not say anything more. OR, take advantage of that MHII offer for the same price.
NefariousKoel

RE: Wait for the demo

Post by NefariousKoel »

I saw there was only a limited amount of scripted missions. That doesn't leave a good initial impression on me. Sad Panda. [:(]
NavalNewZ

Post by NavalNewZ »

I'm potentially interested, but there is so little information about it. A demo would help
..there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

You may find these links helpful, if a bit dated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg__Mto9 ... r_embedded#!

http://www.bitmob.com/articles/4645

Hopefully, Phil (the developer) will drop by at some point too and add in his two cents.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Alex777

Post by Alex777 »

I bought this as I love XCom-style games. All I will add is: wait for the demo or, better, the patch.
PhilSST

Post by PhilSST »

Hi guys,

I'm the developer, as Erik mentioned.

It's true that the number of scripted missions is limited. I firmly believe that a limited number of good missions is preferable to an unlimited number of randomly-generated rubbish ones, although I am prepared to accept that some people will disagree. The game is fully moddable, and I do actually have the toolset I used to create all the game missions which I hope to make available soon. So if replayability is an issue, I think the availability of hand-created community missions would be much better than a random map generator.

I'm unable to make any predictions about a demo at this time, but I am aware of the immense value of having one.

As for a patch, the only "patch" I currently have plans for is one which includes the editor toolset, and a couple of cosmetic changes which were recommended by a reviewer. (To preempt the next question, it's a print magazine review, and it has not been released yet. I will let you know more when I know more.) There are zero outstanding bugs, because I have so far received zero bug reports since the final version was released. The beta version was out there for just shy of a year, and every issue raised during that time was fixed.

If there are any other issues you want to see fixed/improved with a patch, you will need to tell me about them, because I'm genuinely unaware of any. If you've already contacted a distributor then please either resend the feedback or let me know who it was sent to. If you don't want to discuss these issues on a forum, you're more than welcome to bend my ear in email at phil@starsentineltactics.com. I can only add that Matrix Games have been a joy to work with, so if you've had any problems getting feedback to me through any other distributors, I'm confident that won't be the case with Matrix, who have been incredibly responsive.

FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

So, can you please elaborate Alex? Why should we wait the demo and/or patch? Is the game good? Fun? What's wrong with it? What needs patching? I for one really want this game, but like others I need some more reviews before I drop the $30.

-=Jeff
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Alex, can you be clear as to whether you are discussing this version (as released by Matrix Games) or the previous one which was out there as your post could be misleading if you are talking about the older version, especially as the developer has come here to say he's quashed all bugs in the previous release.
Alba gu' brath
Terl

Post by Terl »

Well, I love this style of game so....downloading now.

Phil, I'll keep you posted. It looks like fun. I definitely would be interested in the toolset you describe as well.

Return to “Star Sentinel Tactics”