Demo time limit

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
Mangudai

Demo time limit

Post by Mangudai »

I like the game enough that I've decided to buy it. One concern I have is the demo time limit software. I admit I tried to reinstall the demo and play for another 60 mins, which was not possible. I searched files by time of last modification, and I have narrowed the culprit down to a few files that cannot be deleted allegedly because some program is using them. This bothers me because I do not want my computer junked up by unneccesary processes always running in the background.

If this feature is completely benign, please reassure me.

If I provide proof that I purchased the product, will you help me disable it?

Although the license agreement contains language absolving you of any legal responsibility. I think game makers have an ethical responsibility to let consumer know before they install something that will interfere with the background system processes on their computer.

Erik Rutins

RE: Demo time limit

Post by Erik Rutins »

Mangudai,

I'm not sure that what you found has to do with the demo specifically, which uninstalls just fine here. I'm not sure how Andrew enforces the demo time limit, but obviously the intention is to prevent people playing the demo forever instead of purchasing the game. Generally, that's done with hidden files or hidden registry entries, both of which are completely benign as they are only referenced by the demo. Did you try running the actual demo uninstallation or did you just try to delete the files?

In any case, the game itself has no limits so if this is a mechanism to prevent demo play beyond the time limit, it's definitely not in the game.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Tech Support”